Search found 903 matches
- Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:32 am
- Forum: 101 Uses For
- Topic: 101 uses for a toilet tube insert
- Replies: 37
- Views: 20542
Czech, I make four little cuts in the bottom and fold them in like on cardboard boxes and on the top I pinch it flat and fold one side over the other. Seems to stay together.
- Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:49 pm
- Forum: Allotments, Veg Patches and Container Gardening
- Topic: Allotment thefts,how can we prevent?
- Replies: 27
- Views: 6225
I do the administration for our allotments and have not really taken it very seriously when people have said they have had things stolen, until the "b___s" stole all my apples!
- Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:04 pm
- Forum: Herbs and Vegetables
- Topic: Disaster no runner beans!!!!!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2247
I think we can blame the weather! On gardeners Q.T. someone asked about their runners and the consensus seemed to be that the bees were late pollinating this year because of the cold and then the flowers don't set if the nights are too hot, which they definitely were a few weeks ago. I actually feel...
- Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:38 pm
- Forum: The ish Local - (Chat)
- Topic: Just disappeared up my own exhaust!!!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2778
Sorry to laugh at your post but you could have been talking about me! I never seem to learn my limitations! In the spring it seems I can do anything and every year about now I find out I can't! We just have to remind ourselves that we are lucky to have the enthusiasm to think we can do it all. pbf.
- Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:32 pm
- Forum: Home Brew and other Country Skills
- Topic: What i'm brewing at the moment
- Replies: 356
- Views: 109935
Thanks irigg, will definitely give it a go, I have lovely honeysuckle in the garden. Thankyou for all your recipes! pbf.
- Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:16 pm
- Forum: The ish Local - (Chat)
- Topic: can they do this to him??
- Replies: 25
- Views: 5521
Sorry I can't offer any advice, just sending you my sympathy! One thing I would just say is don't keep things bottled up, talk to your friends and accept any help offered! pbf.
- Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 pm
- Forum: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Topic: Can I run radiators with my solid fuel Rayburn Royale?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5485
Hi Highhopes, can't help you with the technical side, but can tell you I have a solid fuel Rayburn and run three rediators from it. When it is really cold, it takes a lot of fuel, but I wouldn't be without it. I mostly burn foraged wood on it but to keep it in overnight it needs a shovel full of "nu...
Found this very funny! My daughter, divorced and living back home having bought half my house with the sale of her flat, is very useful in the garden, but I am still waiting for her to find the kitchen! She would literally starve without me! pbf.
I pop in most days for a quick look, but being ish takes up more and more of my time now I am retired. really struggling with the weather this year, the allotment is scaring me! pbf.
- Sun May 19, 2013 4:48 am
- Forum: Wild Foods and Foraging
- Topic: A couple of questions about dandelions
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4108
MKG, I see you are back! Can you help? I am trying to find your recipe for fruit tea bag wine, but am pretty stupid on the computer, can you please point me in the right direction. Cheers. Have just made dandelion wine for the first time. pbf.
- Thu May 09, 2013 7:37 am
- Forum: What's in the pot? Recipes and anything about Cooking
- Topic: Frugal Recipes from A Girl Called Jack
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1899
Thankyou for that! Always a challenge to keep meals under £1, now i feel really extravagent! pbf.