Recycling Ideas ?

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Recycling Ideas ?

:mrgreen: :roll: :hugish: MOTTINGHAM FESTIVAL SE9 June 6th - 21st 2009.
Mottingham Festival COMMUNITY Trust 'Merry Mottingham'

The Mottingham Festival has been run every two years since 1973. Its aim is to BENEFIT the COMMUNITY by organising a VARIETY of EVENTS that will APPEAL to a CROSS-SECTION of LOCAL RESIDENTS and they thank everyone who's HELPED to MAKE THE FESTIVAL POSSIBLE.

The Festival is a NON-PROFIT-MAKING ORGANISATION, and any surplus money raised will go to benefit local charity.
If you would like to come along and see ME on the 6th June and my presentation along with lots of other things going on from 1 - 5pm at the FETE and GRAND OPENING.
Mottingham Sports Ground (Foxes Field), Grove Park Road. I'm sure it wont be a waste of your time.
For more information about the Festival please go to: http://www.mottinghamfestival.co.uk Email: Mottfest@aol.com Thank You.

Some more good news my ONE RICE plant seedling has grown another leaf to replace the one I pulled off, plus our Community Garden project is in the GT 2-6-2009 No.52.
I'm sorry to say my filming never took place because of copy rights.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.(recycling)
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
designed by me to help to save millions of lives
and to reuse-recycle millions of tonnes of waste
plastic container,and unwanted wooden pallets
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :hugish: 8-6-2009.
Hi ALL this message is to everyone who's interested in RECYCLING and REUSING things in a different way.
With this in mind tonight at our St Alban's Church Hall on our Coldharbour Estate SE9 I put forward my old photos idea which I would also like to share with you as we all must have some to show others some where. I say this after watching a very interesting look back into my past which I shared with others who also went to see an illustated talk by our local historian John Kennett who put together a new presentation for this year's Mottingham Festival.
Little did I know what I was about to see and hear about in regards to living over 60 years on what was once called Coldharbour Farm before it became a Council Estate.
Now comes my idea which I believe we could all play our part in if we would like to share a moment in time with others, simple done by making a copy of a photo or handing in the original one to say your local libary, and say to them you would like them to be shown to others in the way of remembering the past. Ofcourse they would like to have some info about the photos to help give a bigger picture to add to others, for example like living on our Mottingham Estate photos I looked at with others in our local Church.
I did speak to Mr John Kennett after having the chance to stand up and put my idea to him and all of those how were there too. He was all for it and suggested we could also hand them into our local historians too, which I'm sure like me others will do if they don't like throwing things away when they can be of benefit in one way or another.
I will look forward to your support done by doing your own bit in your own way in any time you like as this is only an idea which is or could be apart of our lives in the future.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling. :mrgreen:
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :roll: :hugish: Hi ALL. A Message to everyone on this day the 16-6-2009 I know how to grow RICE in water, on water, or VERTICALLY simply done by using plastic containers as a water recycling system which is also transportable. To see what I claim is TRUE please visit my website may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. Thank YOU.
JRP recycling or www.recycling.moonfruit.com. John. J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :roll: :hugish: Hi ALL my Community Garden Projects reusing Waste containers is slowly getting known, even to the point of at my latest project some of my container section which the people said they would like put outside their front doors have been stolen, and some plants too, which was all set up by me for FREE as part of Neighburhood Pride supported by our own Greenwich Council SE10. I've even replace 5 section and they were stolen again, the shame part is I'm willing to make anyamount of section up for people to grow things in if I have enough containers to do so, so there is no need to steal them. Yes we do know it's the local kids who are doing it but at some point someone will say enough is enough if it gives people the chance to grow something who don't have a garden, but they do have a balcony or a walk way with railings ouside their door to use on the inside of course. To see stages of how I'm doing things please visit my website http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com if you want to see something done in a different way.
Is'nt it great to see what Mother Nature can grow with a little bit of help, even my RICE seedlings are still trying to survive in my containers in our weather conditions, having any leaves turning yellow is not a good sign I know, and trying to grow them in my back garden with high trees and other houses all around blocking out a lot of the light, they are doing well compared to hours of light each day they would have. My RICE plants might be only 3 inches high now but something is going on with some growth coming from the base roots of my first shoot, with this in mind I've just up dated my website to another 250 MB again to cover even more photos to show everyone proof of what is happerning using my ideas, the latest one being on the Glyndon Estate SE 18. plus I'm in the process of putting back photos I had to take off because I had no room for others to go on.
On the 25-7-2009 I did another presentation of my reuse of waste containers idea when I joined others having a good time at our local St Edwards Church Fete Mottingham SE9, after a lot of interest being shown by people involved in school projects and other people from different countries, I'm now looking forward to them helping to spread the word in their own ways as they have seen with their own eyes what you can grow in waste plastic containers, to help reduce them going to landfill sites in the UK and the rest of the world. Whilst having waste plastic containers outside your door may not look ok to some people, with flowers in they really do look ok and they hide the railings too.
I hope I'm inspiring alot of others out there to reuse waste in the way I do otherwise I'm wasting my time.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. :mrgreen:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :roll: :hugish: Hi ALL it's time for me to plant my Winter Pansies in my waste containers again to show everyone just how simple they are to grow. And YES I've just put some more photos onto my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com again on how I do it, along with some other photos of my Garden Projects too. I do hope you enjoy my funny shaped green and red Tomatoes. Up date some of my RICE plants are still growing and all my bits of potato are starting to grow too. And my Dianthus and Strawberries are flowering again this year even though they only get some water added maybe once a week in this very hot weather. The sad part for me is Mr Hilary Benn as not bothered to reply to my 2 e-mails I sent to him after watching some TV programme all about food and waste, and the way he would like to do things in different ways as the Environment and food Minister.
All I would like him to do is link me to all the people he knows who maybe are interested in using my growing system, made from waste to help reduce it going to landfill sites in the UK and the rest of the world. If Mr Hilary Benn don't want to know what chance have I got in this crazy world. I suppose only time will tell if I've wasted my time or not.
Thank You for taking the time to read my message.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling.
too.

yugogypsy

We don't have a problem with much food waste here John,

What the chickens, my neighbours pigs or the equines can't eat gets composted, our only occasional waste is fish or other meat that got left out too long or suffered severe freezer burn.

I saved the seeds from my Sweet Cicely plant (boil stems to make plant based sweetener or put small bits in rhubarb pie to sweeten it.)

I've got some carrots making seeds, our organic tobacco is doing spectacularly well, as are the tomatoes and cukes.

Plus we practice a different form of "dumpster diving" we drive behind the farm market and organic food store and get food greens for the animals as well as ourselves and theres lots of free bread to be had if you know where to look.

So nothing much gets wasted here. The animals and ourselves are healthier for it and the yolks from my chickens eggs are nearly orange they are getting so much good stuff besides their grain (organic-no animal by-products in it)

What excess we don't sell we share with friends and neighbours. Just had our first sweet corn tonight, I have to cut it off the cob because I have no teeth, but was it ever good-and the chickens will pick the cobs clean before I chop them up for compost.

So my animals are a big part of my waste elimination scheme, and it seems to be working well.
Take Care
Lois

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :hugish: Hi Yugogypsy thank you once again for showing your interest in what I'm doing and telling me and others about what you are doing too.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John :mrgreen:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL sad news Mr Hilary Benn cannot endorse my re-use of waste idea that works made from waste plastic containers of all shapes and sizes to help reduce some of them going to landfill sites, even though he is our minister for the Environment and Food (Defra) However he welcome the news that I'm working on innovations which will benefit the Environment, and he wish me every success for the future. and gave me a Business link. Maybe if he could have made some money out of it on the side he might of endorsed it, never mind he's not the only one who's let me down and I suppose he wont be the last. Anyway after me doing another Presentation to a group of very nice people on the 3-9-2009 at Woolwich SE18 R&B Community meeting rooms Gill Court, I left feeling very happy to know that they thought my growing system was a very good idea, and they were going to see if they can get it used in their local schools, as it cost next to nothing to make and very simple to make too, after me showing them how to do it on the night. It has been suggested that I write a book about my ideas to cover paying for things and to put a video film on Youtube to help spread the word, but only time will tell if I do it or not. Please note if you don't know me I up date my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com alot because every picture tells a story.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling. :mrgreen:
too.

yugogypsy

Mr Benn is a fool! :geek:

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :roll: :hugish: Hi ALL my grow your own container Gardening ideas are now linked to technologyforthepoor website at yahoo.com in the USA, promoting Urban Agriculture and Permaculture ideas to do with helping Communities become more selfsufficient, hopefully making schools of knowledge and Government look at our new ways to help feed people all over the world in the simplest of ways if we can. I know President J S Ebenezer and I would like you to help us spread the word in anyway you can to help get our ideas used, I'm trying to promote reusing waste plastic containers of all shapes and sizes, President J S Ebenezer is trying to promote using other things which have been seen to work too.
As for my own way of doing things I'm still adding lots of photos to my website in the way of up dates even though some people think I'm wasting my time I feel it's worth it.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com (UK) :mrgreen:
Job. http://www.technologyforthepoor.com (USA)
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :roll: :hugish: Hi ALL container gardeners I'm on SKY 3 TV again Secret life of suburbia at 1-30am on 18-10-2009 showing you how I grow things in the simplest way I know how to, if you would like to know more please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com Thank YOU.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :roll: :grouphug: Hi ALL an update about my Community Gardening projects and how to grow your own anywhere ideas too. Next year I hope to exhibit at the 2010 Chelsea Flower Show as they are now looking for outside the box ways of growing things, which does happen to cover most of the things I already do in my own way.
To find out more please visit my website and keep clicking on the little arrows to take you up or down the menu or text, with over 180 pages I'm sure you will find something of interest to you if your interested in gardening or recycling, or just seeing what can be done on a small or large scale if you put your mind to it. With this in mind I have some more New Gardening projects starting up soon which intend to use my container growing system, so I should have another update for you to look at at the end of next month.
All the very best, and may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :roll: :hugish: Hi ALL have you ever thought of having a VERTICAL garden acting like a screen, then please take a look at my latest Community Garden Project in Greenwich on my website
( Nectarine Way ), as I'm now doing it in stages once a week, just like I've done all my other Gardening projects, apart from my own Allotment plot to help promote the Reuse of waste Plastic Containers and Wood, to help reduce it going to landfill sites in the UK and the rest of the world if I can with your help. Thank YOU.
Did you know some DIY stores in the UK are giving away FREE small trees to plant on the 5th of December 2009 with the help of the BBC, to make a Guinness world record.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling. http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :icon_smile: :roll: Hi ALL gess what I'm on SK3 TV tonight Secret Life of Suburbia Gardening 8pm. John JRP recycling www.recycling.moonfruit.com :icon_smile:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :iconbiggrin: :hugish: :roll: Hi ALL an update to say a Big thank you to all the people who have shown their support for my very simple to make water Recycling system, made from Reusing Waste Plastic Containers to grow things in, designed by me to help MOTHER NATURE do her bit in Community Gardens, and in Schools all over the world, if I can with your help. :santa:
May I wish you ALL a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010, and may you and yours and what you grow live long and HAPPY. John.JRP recycling http://www.recycling.moonfruit.com.
too.