Where do you get your seeds?

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Where do you get your seeds?

I said I wasn't picky, but I may have been won over by these guys from ebay - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SeeKay-Horticultural-Supplies

They're very quick to post out. They also often have offers on if you buy 5 packets of seeds - you can choose an extra pack free, get free postage and they seem to have a guest seed each month they send out free. So far, every seed I've sewn has germinated too. And as a relative newbie to growing a lot of different veg, I'm liking the veg calendar and how helpful they are.

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I try to get as many as possible of my seeds for free. I have got lots of seeds from Freecycle/Freegle, it forces you to try new varieties, of course sometimes the seeds are out of date but when it's free you can't complain. I also buy seeds at the end of the season when they are massively reduced in garden centres (mostly Dobbies). The trick is to check the sow by date. The Works also currently have 4 packs of seeds for £1, I spent quite a while going through the selection and managed to pick up almost £9 worth of flower seeds for £1!!! My local Homebase have loads of leftover envelopes of seeds from their Get Into Gardening scheme offer which they are asking for 20p donation to local charity (I got Mizuna, Asian Stir Fry Leaves and Broccoli - total value £5.63). I also swap seeds with friends/family. The last packet of seeds I bought full price was peas as I had awful germination from the seeds I already had.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

We use a lot of the sources already listed but also get quite a few on the front of gardening magazines - I don't buy many but usually get one on my main monthly shop. I've not just had some good, although mainstream, seeds but also get some of the special offers inside the mag - a link-a-bord raised bed for the price of the postage, seed potatoes and various other things. And it makes for good reading on the loo! :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

greenishfingers
Tom Good
Tom Good

there's some good shops on ebay,some sell small quantities which is handy sometimes. Am experimenting with seed saving,pumpkin ones are doing well this year
For us to lose contact with the soil results in real unease and maladjustment...to recapture it affords profound joy and inward comfort. Sam Ogden