Polytunnel gardening

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Henwoman
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 3° 11' W
longitude: 48° 20' N

Polytunnel gardening

I finally cleared out all the tomato plants in my polytunnel today. Some had at last succumbed to mildew which I have never had in six years of polytunnelling. I have kept all the good green tomatoes and they will ripen - some are already on their way. I've cleared out all the horrid manky tomatoes and dug the beds through. There are still peppers, cucumbers, aubergines, strawberries, parsley, thyme, salad leaves and squash in there and they are all doing fine. I strung most of my onions today too and they are now hanging in the garage.

Marc
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Polytunnel gardening

My toms in the tunnel got blight quite badly, but now it's cooled down they have sort of grown through it and are still producing fairly well. I've been stripping off all the blighted bits as far as possible which does seem to help. Most of them are Sungold and they are delish. The Sungold also seem to resist the blight a little better than Gardener's Delight.
I have a few flat french beans in there and they are doing really well. About 12 plants and they're producing as much as the 100 plants outside are now.
It's feeling like winter tonight - brrrr
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein