Allotment show

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Allotment show

Allotment show.
Shattered after the long drive from Cornwall to the midlands but dragged myself to the lotty to enter the show.
Good results 4 firsts, 2 seconds and a third.
I was really proud of my flavored. Vodka , first and second. The trick is I put a chilli in with the fruit for extra bite.
My apples won too, from my 50th birthday present tree from work. It was a wonderful present and will give me joy for a long time to come.
Next year I hope to do much better as my new partner and I get together as a fantastic growing team.
Off to sort everything I got from show yesterday including some fantastic beetroot and orange chutney ( another prize winner ) , I sampled with tea yesterday.
Happy growing everyone.

RunnerBean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Allotment show

That's brilliant, well done :) Was it a local thing or a national thing? What flavour was the vodka? We've got our village show coming up in Sept and I'll be entering a few classes, but I'll wait until a bit closer until I decide which ones.