Organic hydroponic nutrient

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Organic hydroponic nutrient

:thumbright: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Smilesbetter
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'm just about ready to start my lettuce raft hydroponics experiment and I've been looking to make an organic homemade nutrient, so this is great, thanks for posting. Unfortunately for me though, I'm not blessed like you guys on the British isles with an abundance of seaweed to get the nutrients from haha. In fact I think my nearest sea is over 150 miles away and I don't drive, so it would be a rather unpleasant return train journey haha :P

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

The seaweed is not a problem as you can buy dried seaweed in powder form in most garden centres.
Or even just dried chunks ... http://www.thenaturalgardener.co.uk/sea ... anules.php

I'm looking into drying seaweed myself, as it's not really available fresh during the summer months and that's when I will need it most.
We're not allowed to cut seaweed without a licence, so I can only get mine from the tons of the stuff that get washed up in winter storms.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

I used to buy seaweed for my goats, as supplement, but used it in the garden, too... Very useful stuff! And of course, you can get it as liquid fertiliser, makes it much easier to use, especially for hydroponics.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)