The Free Economy - website in progress

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
daithi
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: The Free Economy - website in progress

Hi Scot,

Along with others, I would like to register my enthusiasm for this idea. I would definitely use such a facility.

I have a few years experience with database development and Perl/CGI programming. I generally lean towards free and open-source software development, but am not dogmatic about that. Thus, if you think I can be of any help, let me know. You may well have everything under control - I didn't want to imply otherwise.

Scotness
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Thanks Daithi I'll keep it in mind - although there's no perl in it anymore.

Anyway everyone it's now up and running go to:

www.free-economy.org

and test it out!

Please note that the form has problems with Internet Explorer at the moment so you will have to try it under Firefox - I know what the cause for that is and will fix it shortly.

To pull something out of the database go search>computers>australia (don't define it past level one - just leave it at comptuers) I've got a few test entries in there.

Also even though you're kind of testing it out please only put genuine things in the database that you want to give away

thanks

Scot
Find and give things for free - locally and globally - free-economy.org

Scotness

Quick update - it seems to work with Internet Explorer 6 but not 7 -- would anyone like to test it for me and let me know how they go?

thanks

Scot
Find and give things for free - locally and globally - free-economy.org