Going car-free(ish)

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
RunningWild
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 51
longitude: 0

Re: Going car-free(ish)

I'm in my 30s and never had a driving licence... it's possible to go without a car and all those expenses :icon_smile:

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

We went from a 2 car family to a one car family a few years ago but going car free is a long way off. The school our little ones will go to is 10 miles away and we can't afford to move house :(. However I do walk to the shops and use buses mostly. Why do people think I am strange that I choose to walk or that I can't afford a car(OK some truth in that)? My little boy (in my avatar) loves seeing snails/diggers/post boxes/cats on our outings. I think kids strapped into car seats miss so much.

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

I would love to go car free but am still trying to find answers to problems such as getting to toddler groups from a remote village with my baby and toddler (baby is too small to put on a bike seat) and just the basic normal shopping and outings. The current bus service is known for being rubbish from the village where we live. One day we'll work it all out!