Letting go....

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Letting go....

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:22 pm

I would,and I have!lol When my OH and i first got together,he did'nt realise just how green I actually was!He brought me a tumble dryer!I think I used it twice in 3 years and we ended up selling it.I havent had a dryer for 10 years!I'm not a huge fan of drying clothes indoors,mainly because I think it can make your house damp.I first dry mine off outside,undercover if need be.I give it a day,and then bring it inside.I have a big airer(foldable)that I use,and to be honest I've never looked back!

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Letting go....

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:52 pm

I know its not green, but there are times when i miss my old tumble-dryer (I got mine second-hand over 20 years ago, it blew up 10 years ago and I never replaced it). My problem is space - living in a very small house with no spare/unused rooms and not enough headroom for an overhead pully, I sometimes feel like I spend half my time juggling washing to try to get it dry - wherever I put the drying rail, its in the way! But I persevere, and of course it goes outside whenever possible.

Return to “But what can I do?”