"Self Composting Toilet" or "Bucket and Chuck it"

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: "Self Composting Toilet" or "Bucket and Chuck it"

I had forgotten the "male urine putting off cats" thing! Must remember to offer OH to pee on my mums doorstep which has been plagued by a male cat "marking it! :pukeright:
Sometimes its good when old posts are resurrected, Skippy!
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

MKG wrote:Actually, that goes for carnivore manure in general.

Mike

What if you're a vegaterian? :lol:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

sda
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

There's something called a dog loo. What little I know of it is that you sink it all or some way into the ground and sprinkle something on it that helps it to breakdown and then it has water poured into it and it drains into the ground. Something like that. You could put a wanted ad in a local Freegle or other recycling type group for one before paying for one.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

We tried a dog loo when we had a great dane. It might be ok for little dogs, but the great dane filled it :?

mishkin
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 44.236
longitude: 1.771

I have used a composting toilets these last four years (first thing we did in our new life) and had our first useable compost last year! It took 3 years basically but it's the finest. We use saw dust every time we go to the loo, the bucket is emptied every 3 days or so, then it is emptied in a heap contained between pallets,at the back of the garden. We also put on it everything you would on a compost heap + a layer of straw/hay, I suspect dried leaves would work.