Chic fair trade & eco stuff

Either you have a related website or you want to promote a website, whatever, stick it here. Adult related and other dodgy stuff will be deleted. Otherwise, carry on and tell us about yourselves. Please don't make this your only post, if your company does fit in then we believe you will too.
Cebra
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Chic fair trade & eco stuff

Hi

My name is Sabine. I am from Germany but some members of my family live in South Africa. They gave me the idea to create a website selling ethical things that are also eco friendly (almost all of the handbags featured for example can be shredded and put in the compost if you choose to dispose of one - which I am sure you won't as they are of exquisite design and long lasting ...).

My accessories are handmade by local women's groups (i.e. a tribe of Xhosa women makes my African jewellery and a group of disabled women in Nepal makes my felt handbags).

My products aren't all cheap. That is because handmade products should be cherished and paid for accordingly - not mass produced in China with a handmade label stuck on them. I pay all my artisans over and above the going rate (in fact 60% of the retail price goes to them) and I also donate 10% of my sales (that is SALES not profits) back to local communities and charities that I vetted and found not to waste money on unnecessary admin.

All my accessories last a long time and they are timeless designs - chic, eco friendly, sustainable and keeping traditional skills and craftmanship alive.

Oh, and my own skin care range (Cebra ethical skin care) is made with fair trade, organic, sustainable ingredients. Some products are registered vegan by the Vegan Society and bottles are sustainable i.e. recyclable and reusable (I offer refills for almost everything) and the labels are printed on FSC certified paper with soy ink (GM free).

Have a look and if you like mywooden hair and other brushes - go on and buy one (will last ages if cared for properly). Or maybe my fab whipped shea butter? I promise you will love it and postage & packaging for everything is FREE to any UK address (2nd class Royal Mail). And there is no minimum order - I am happy whether you want to spend £2.50 or £250!

Happy Days. :cheers:
Sabine
Cebra - fair trade & eco accessories. Visit www.cebraonline.com for more info.