Self Sufficiency Club!

Either you have a related website or you want to promote a website, whatever, stick it here. Adult related and other dodgy stuff will be deleted. Otherwise, carry on and tell us about yourselves. Please don't make this your only post, if your company does fit in then we believe you will too.
Naomi
Tom Good
Tom Good

Self Sufficiency Club!

Next meeting is on Monday 4th July 7pm
Venue is a Smallholding in Wrangle.
To include tour of old orchard and home butchery and smokery, piglets, chickens, home brew,southdown sheep, flat pack tractor construction, lovage or nettle soup and more!
email lsssc@T***o.net

Visit the website for more details http://www.lsssc.org.uk

Lincolnshire Smallholding and Self Sufficiency Club

Cheesemaking, Beekeeping, Goat keeping, Growing Vegetables, Traditional Skills and Crafts,
Pig Keeping, Sausage Making, Home Meat Curing, Baking, Winemaking and Home Brew, Alternative Energy, Recycling, Permaculture, Self-Sufficiency, Composting, Growing Fruit, Preserving Food, Bartering, Organics, Poultry keeping, etc
If you are interested in any of these subjects then come along to a meeting
£1 entry per person, members free!

lsssc@T***o.net

Naomi
Tom Good
Tom Good

Well what can I say?
Peter and his lovely wife Helen hosted a truly fantastic meeting for LSSSC .
We had a lovely tour of their beautiful smallholding and saw the orchard with its wonderful medlar trees ,also plans are afoot for a new lake /pond . They have converted an outbuilding into their own home butchery.
There were two middle white and two large black young gilts snuffling contentedly in a stable. Their very tame hens were following us around the yard.
Inside we had a wonderful array of home baked goodies and scrumptious, home grown, perfectly cooked Southdown lamb. That was a real hit with my husband!!!
Then there were generous tasters of ,my favourite, elderflower champagne (a bottle of which was kindly added to the raffle table), greengage wine and two different beers from a micro brewery .
Lots of information was available from Peter about the construction of flat pack tractors and so much more.
Everyone (and there were lots of new faces) was happy chatting and it was a really friendly informal and enjoyable meeting.
Thank you so much Peter and Helen for hosting the meeting, and for making us all so welcome in your home.
More events to follow in the coming months ,including home sausage making, vets talk on livestock care , alpaca farm tour, home butchering/ meat cutting, demo and much more .So check out the website http://www.lsssc.org.uk

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's terrific Naomi, sounds like it is going really well! Good onya!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Naomi
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thanks Nev.
Yep ,it is really going well. With lots of interest from people all over the county. From those just keeping a couple of hens to others with housecows, pigs, turkeys polytunnels and more!
I have had the chance to meet some really lovely people and that alone makes all the hard work organising it, so worthwhile.

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Naomi, I think your club sounds brilliant. Shame I'm a bit far away!

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah.........me too!
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/