Squash. We have leaves, what now?

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Twonga

scotchdiet wrote:Has anybody ever grown Twonga? That's another blueish squash, smaller, and suitable for growing up on a trellis (according to the catalogue). I've been trying for the past two months to get them to germinate, but they won't!
[/quote]

I did try Twonga a few years ago - I wanted something useful up the trellis, like the catalogue said; I think they didn't even germinate... I decided that Scotland was just too cold for them.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

ina

Re: Squash. We have leaves, what now?

Green Aura wrote:Finally we have some success with squash. We've tried for years to grow butternuts, with very little success but this year we've had some lovely onion squashes. Quick growing (which suits our short season) and quite prolific.
Never heard of onion squash - must look into that! Definitely need something with a short season here. And small suits me fine (single portion veg always appreciated!).
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Squash. We have leaves, what now?

My neighbour grew twonga in her tunnel a few years ago, they were not very nice. My favourite has to be acorn squash, they are a small size, so perfect for one or two people and grow very well, as they don't have to become enormous, they are a good choice for our climate