had a harvest yet?

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
kevin m.
Tom Good
Tom Good

After writing my little bit yesterday,I went down to the 'Lotty,and decided that I couldn't wait until sunday to try the spuds!
So I got digging with my hands in the bed,and soon unearthed enough spuds for four of us,for dinner.
The 'Winston's had very thin skins that simply rubbed off,and creamy white flesh (I think that they would make delicious mash!)
You can't beat your first Potatoes of the year - unless your mashing them! :lol:

hedgewizard
A selfsufficientish Regular

Chard is quite difficult to discourage once it gets a "heart" going... I survive the first couple of weeks on thinnings alone, and then get to the serious cut-and-come-again side of things. Had some sweated down in a fishy pie this evening instead of spinach... scrum. Other than that, just radishes, lettuce, basil and coriander so far because we weren't back in the house until April 11th! First mange-tout ready tomorrow... :-)

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

We re getting the first little peppers on our bell pepper plant now :cheers: can't wait to start eating them it is so tempting to try it now.

We had some spuds as well, there were some left in the ground in an unused area that is earmarked for some more tomato plants. they were just new potatos really but well nice.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

chadspad

Have already eaten asparagus, spring onions, red onions, shallots, peas, tomatoes, coco beans (bit like runners but u smoother textured), chard by the bucket load, giant red mustard (definitely recommended instead of lettuce - great as cut and come again & its hot!), lettuce, green beans, courgettes, strawberries & raspberries.

Coming along nicely - broad beans, cucumbers, chilli peppers, bell peppers, runner beans, hundreds of pumpkins (not that any of us like pumpkins!!), squashes, swede, parsnips, romanesque, carrots, tons of grapes up the side of my house and best of all......sweetcorn loads & loads of it!! Managed my own sweetcorn last year and it was the sweetest I have ever tasted!

hedgewizard

How's about "last harvest"? Just finished last year's onions, cooked down with some PYO broadies (my own have another week or so to go yet but we couldnt' wait! Then some PYO strawbs, a twist of black pepper and some local clotted cream. Mmmmmm.

That creaking noise you can hear is my arteries btw.

Jove
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

harvest

just harvested our peas. We bought biological seeds/beans this year from a dutch company (via our gardeners club www.velt.be). I used about 3 square meters to plant the beans and we got about 2,5 kg of peas. Not bad for the first time I tried growing peas. We already ate some of them tonight and the rest is being prepared to go into the freezer.