Starting Over

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
kimmysmum
Tom Good
Tom Good
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia. Sub-Tropical Climate

Starting Over

Well I am about to start right from scratch again in my veg garden. With my wedding and then MIL taking so ill I have had no time to love my poor garden so as of this weekend #1 son and I (who has also jioned me on my quest for vegetarianism) are going to get it up and running. He has just started 6 weeks holidays from school so he has ample time to help. This time I will put shade cloth up to protect it from our harsh Queensland sun.
I have lots of old chook pen scrappings as well as plenty of mulched horse poop, worm castings so that base is covered.
So wish us luck and away we go. :cheers:
LET'S ALL ENJOY THIS ADVENTURE WE CALL LIFE

Smallholder1
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I DO wish you luck!

I recently had to scrap my entire organic container garden because my neighbour decided to get rid of the wild flowers that where growing along the top of our shared back yard wall, by using pesticides in a watering can with a rose sprinkler on!

I lost all my soft fruits, winter veg, the lot. He was very sorry and compensated me, but I'd put my heart into that garden..........

Still, no excuse for not trying those unusual varieties I've been considering now, is there?
Joseph Kennedy's most excellent band!
http://www.myspace.com/captivestatemusic

"Activism is the rent I pay for living on this planet" - Alice Walker

red
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

good luck kimmysmum

and boo - poor you smallholder... start over...
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

kimmysmum
Tom Good
Tom Good
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia. Sub-Tropical Climate

Oh small holder that is a shame. But stay positive with those unusual varieties and keep us posted I love trying to grow new things.
I was given a lot of unnamed asian veg seeds and have so much fun growing them and seeing if I can predict what they are as they grow. :cheers:
LET'S ALL ENJOY THIS ADVENTURE WE CALL LIFE