worst five things on telly

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
citizentwiglet
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: worst five things on telly

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:40 pm

- GMTV
- Jeremy Kyle
- X Factor
- Eastenders
- The Bill
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:35 pm

One thing that is really winding me up at the moment is Perfume ads

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Sally Jane
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:23 am

mamos wrote:One thing that is really winding me up at the moment is Perfume ads

mamos

Me too! Talk about selling a fantasy! Probably bought by the litre by the kind of people who see success as defined by having ultra white perfect teeth (they look like they're wearing dentures!), lunch-time botox jobs and no grey hair!

No wonder some young people are so prone to depression when faced with the kind of air-brushed 'reality' that guarantees to make them feel abnormal when they are perfectly ok as they are. Grrr! It makes my blood boil! :banghead:
We all have two gifts we should try to use as much as possible - imagination and humour.
Imagination compensates us for what we are not.
A sense of humour consoles us for what we are.
And wisdom tells us not to worry about it!

Millymollymandy

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 am

I watched a naff Xmas film yesterday with Jamie Lee Curtis and I was quite pleased to see that she was looking decidedly middle aged - minus any signs of face lifts or botox etc - but I thought well I'm sure she'll get her kit off sooner or later and show those enormous **** and fabulous body - well she did but she's got a lovely middle aged spread flabby body now too! :shock:

Made my day! :lol: But how nice and natural and NORMAL!!! :cheers: Good for her!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)

http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

crowsashes

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:15 pm

erm.... pretty much everything! i ditched the tv a few months ago and i honestly dont miss it!

sleepyowl

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:41 am

Chat Shows
Reality TV
Soaps
Talent Shows
Game shows that lack intellect
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

Harasimow
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:56 pm

1) Adverts brainwashing the masses that we need to consume and own beyond what is sustainable.
2) The news I know we need it but its just so depressing I cant watch it.
3) All sports so pointless why does anyone care who wins its not like players even come from the places they are playing for.
4) Soaps (yawn)
5) Reality T.V. (double yawn and slit my wrists open)

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Reality or celebrity anything.
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Stonehead

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:25 pm

Squirrel46 wrote:Throw the infernal machine away, save the licence fee, and have fun getting threatening letters from them telling you they're coming to get you! I have, its extended the the day for reading and planning frugality! :cooldude:

We went without a TV for a long time, but ended up getting a TV licence because it wasn't worth the constant hassle from not having one. Constant letters, constant calls from inspectors, constant placement of a detector van outside, etc etc.

And once we had a TV licence we decided we might as well have a TV.

Sigh.

Anyway, worst thing on TV?

The "news", regardless of channel. They're all M25 centric, produced by suburbanite shock horror freaks, obsessed with complete non-entities who enjoy the odd status of being "celebrities", and give so-called analysis from deluded pundits instead of just presenting the fact and letting us make up our own minds.

And don't get me started on the weather coverage. A centimetre of slush swilling around a school playground in Metroland is not an "Arctic Freeze", the coldest weather since '79, since '63, in the last 100 years, since the last ice age. Send a few of the plonkers up here and I'll invert them in chest-deep snow before informing them that, doh, it's winter, it gets cold and, yes, it even snows. Sometimes quite a bit.

Did I mention that I hate the news? :angryfire: :angryfire: :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I can't really add another four. I don't watch that much TV. Oh, but I do like Chucklevision. I blame our children for that!

pumpy

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30 pm

1) Anything with the word "celebrity" or "reality" in the title.
2)Daytime stuff.
3)Teatime stuff
4)Anything that's interrupted by adverts
5)Anything else that does not contain football!!
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

Helsbells

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

This si one of the things I love about ish, I hate:

1. Top Gear,
2. Food adverts aimed at children which say things like "your the best mum in the world",
3. Live from studio five (with Melinda Messanger and Steve Wright, gotta be seen to be believed!)
4. Singing competitions, pop idol and the like.
5. Hollyoakes (not sure how to spell that!)

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Three Bills

Electric
Water
Gas
A letter from a couple who I wish would not drop in "Sometime this Summer"
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

fruitcake
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:16 pm

haha, lovin this thread!

1. the news (wot harismow and stonehead said)
2. adverts (i thought they were not allowed to make them LOUD anymore?)
3. reality TV
4. soaps
5. talent shows
6. those channels showing real life story movies
7. panorama and other 'shock docs'
8. how to move house / country blah blah
9. Top Gear - I used to really like it (not v ish I know) but it's really dreary now - time to wrap it up methinks

oops, got a bit carried away there ....... prob doesn't leave a lot left, did I mention I dont watch much TV :banghead:

Harasimow
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Ive allready picked my 5 worst things on telly but I also think theres a lot of good stuff on aswell. It really annoys me when people who watch telly everyday moan that theres nothing worth watching on. I like watching sitcoms,stand up comedy, anything with bill baley in esp his bird watching bonanza, natural world, countryfile, the good life, ray mears (even bear grills for a laugh), films, music channels whilst ironing, ect. Its also nice to watch telly when your too tired to do anything else (im not a big reader, i only read hobby books and fantasy novels set in the forgotten realms). I allways record everything in advance so i can fast forward through the adds.

H

theabsinthefairy

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Things that rile me on the telly

1. "I'm a complete nobody showing my boobs in the jungle and eating the scrapings off the Geordie boys' shoes to shock the public to try to revitalise my flagging career"
2. The complete joke that has become the news - yes there are people that live outside of the M25, and there are actually other countries in the world where news worthy things happen too.
3. "I can't sing and I can't dance but I managed to spend a whole day queuing up for my 15 seconds of fame on the telly"
4. Quiz shows that have acknowledged that some people are actually too dumb to answer questions so can just flip a coin to win some money.
5. Pretty much anything American into its second series, remember when CSI had a plot and some informative action scenes - now it has branched off into other cities and seems to consist of 45 minutes of some overpaid actor taking off his glasses and staring moodily just slightly to the right of the camera lens so you want to whip your head round and catch what it is he is looking at behind you.

hmmmmm - bit of a rant going on there - perhaps I should have another glass of wine to mellow out. :shock:
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

Return to “Bring back the Goodlife - and other Television and Radio related things”