The Tribe

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Jed

The Tribe

Anyone been watching the tribe I think it is a fantastic program.

jema
Tom Good
Tom Good

great tele, but i'd like each episode to be three times longer :(

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pardon my ignorance. :oops: .............what is the tribe?
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

jema
Tom Good
Tom Good

Wombat wrote:Pardon my ignorance. :oops: .............what is the tribe?
Monay evenings BBC1 or 2 . A guy who spends a month at a time with various tribal people.

jema

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

jema wrote:
Wombat wrote:Pardon my ignorance. :oops: .............what is the tribe?
Monay evenings BBC1 or 2 . A guy who spends a month at a time with various tribal people.

jema
The tribe yes good show. Only seen one of them but does look interesting. Unfortunate that the gun seems to have perpetrate the lives of these people. Always forget that it is on on a Monday night will have to watch ot for it this monday. hang on just looked at my calender that is the end of the month, hmm could be busy with the .... of the month articles. :?

Nev (wombat) Do you get much UK televison over there mate? I supose you know that all we really get are your soaps such as neighbours we even had the sullivans for a while.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

G'Day Mate,

We get some, mostly on the ABC (equivalent to your BBC) and we have Foxtel, which has a UKTV chanel (My wife likes "The Bill") but it is fairly restricted in content. :(

Did you guys get the Pioneer House series, done by the same mob who did the 1900 house, both excellent stuff! We have a new series started here about Aus pioneers, an Irish family, yorkshire family and Tasmanian family in the bush near Sydney. One episode so far but looks pretty good. They show it on our multicultural chanel - SBS. :wink:

Nev

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw a bit of the 1900 house, but don't recall the pioneer house. I thought that when you were aaying "an Irish family, yorkshire family and Tasmanian family in the bush near Sydney" you were going to start a particually bad joke. :mrgreen:

Sound like it could be quite interesting though mate. Do they have to catch animals and fend for themselves?
and...... Twitter

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

G'Day mate,

Yeah, I suppose it did sound a bit suspect! :wink:

They get given some supplies and can trade with the aborigines (specially brought in for the show, I think we killed off all the originals). They can also trap and hunt but as they were mostly city people and they do not have any firearms (a good thing perhaps) I wish them lots of luck. :bom:

When they build a choof house or a pig pen, they will be given animals to fill them up. I promises to be a good show.

I need to correct myself, it was actually the Frontier House. It was a damn good show set on a recreation of the American Frontier. The website is still operating and here is a link if you want to have a look.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/frontierhouse/project/

Nev

Jed
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

You should have seen monday's Tribe. He took some tree sap that you trip off and became one with dreamland. They were all off their tits it was well funny. :mrgreen:

Jed
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Why has it changed my words I did not say off their breasts, do you filter swear words? The one I put was not that rude was a bit harsh.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

fair point Jed, the things is some of the people who use our forum are easily offended. This is why I have taken quite a heavy handed approach to swearing on the forum.

There was a post a while ago by a bloke called oscar (who now seems to have left now) who hated me using the f word. I then set up a word ban list and banned most swear words. I must admit I do swear a fair bit myself and am not easily offended by swearing, in fact one of my favorite albums in Derek and Clive live and you don't get more offensive than them!

Anyway that aside will have a rethink on what words are offensive and what are not.

I saw the tribe on Monday, it was good. Made me think about perceptions of people and acceptable behaviour. It seemed to be a frequently thing that the men took the sap and 'tripped'. If someone did that over here in the western world they would be called a druggie. I guess it is the difference between opening your mind with drugs or trying to escape.
and...... Twitter