Tales from the Green Valley

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Tales from the Green Valley

Woohoo. I've just got a copy of the Tales of the Green Valley. This is the series that the Victorian/Edwardian farm people did first. It's set in the early seventeenth century and I really like it becaue it's pre-industrialisation of farming which I think is fascinating. It reminds me of a series I heard about where some families lived on an iron age fort for a year. I know there is a big difference between the nineteenth century industrialisation and the Roman invasion but both were such huge changes I love to see what life was like before hand. I am hereby volunteering to take part in any similar reconstruction should anyone want me.

Lillia
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Tales from the Green Valley

A forum friend told me about this and I watched the entire series on YouTube and LOVED it! :thumbright:

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

yeah we were watching that victorian farm too.
it was really interesting and we pick up some good tips from it :)
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I got it a few weeks ago and loved it. I really love Historical recreation things. They're so interesting!!

Although...the Victorian one with the family in the house got on my nerves. They complained too much, did none of their own research and just made themselves look like idiots.