Substitute you for my......

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: Substitute you for my......

I do think we are all assuming here that everyone else shares our own high standards. :icon_smile:

Boboff - I don't think anybody is looking down on anyone, just saying that, if the original quote is true, then it's a shame. We don't have any evidence in front of us now to prove whether you are correct in saying that people are beginning to cook more at home but we equally don't have any evidence that the original quote is true either. :dontknow:

Baldybloke - yes, that's what I do. As a single person, it makes sense to batch cook. But for a family of 4 or 5, that time has to be spent every day in just preparing one day's meals. :(

Green Aura, on the days I work, I leave at 7am, I usually don't get home until 7pm. I go to bed at 10pm as I have to be up at 5.30 the following morning. Granted that gives me 3 hours to prepare a meal, eat it, do any other chores that can't wait until the weekend and wind down before I go to bed. Add in the fact that if I don't eat at least 2 hours before going to bed, I can't sleep so that only gives me an hour to prepare and eat a meal. If I then had to feed 3 other people, get little Johnny to do his homework, take little Susie to her dance class and pay the TV license, I think we can see why a lot of people might actually not have the time to cook from scratch every night. :scratch:

But then that's exactly why I gave up full time work. :cheers:

Zoe

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

:hugish: boboff a legend. In one of my assertiveness sessions it says "Don't confuse directness and clarity with bluntness and rudeness.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

boboff

Indeed!

I am affraid that I am a minority in not buying into the BBC Daily Mail, negative spin on everything approach to life.

We don't have absolute facts, lets just try and look at the possitives for a change.

I don't mean to be blunt or rude though.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

oldjerry

For god's sake remain blunt and rude,it was a top post.

Still think Stein is a git though we were in falmouth yesterday and his chip shop wanted £17 for F&C twice!

Why would you question a male's sexuality cos he can cook? On the other hand I think we established some time last year that Nigella may well be a bloke in drag.

boboff

See I still think having an opinion and stating it doesn't mean I am rude or blunt. I have, believe it or not, been known to be, *Cough, wrong.

The thing with £8.50 F&C is this, F&C normal take away = £5.00, so he is 70% more expensive than the norm. Personally as a choice I wouldn't pay it, and buy Rolls and Filling from T***o express and feed 4 for a £5, but the fact people must pay it, and go back for more really means he is doing a job in the market. I really can't think badly of him for that. When I see him on the Telly, he always comes across as really grumpy to me.

The "You're Gay you like Cooking" thing was also re-inforced with my early interest in Musicals, Doris Day, Top Gun & Matching Kitchen Curtains & pelmets, well before I knew these were clear markers for a Metrosexual! A good friend of mine once said I was the most "Gay" straight man he'd known! Still........NIgella, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm*Slobber.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doris Day?

DORIS DAY???

DORIS I'VE BECOME A VIRGIN BLOODY DAY??????????????

Hope you get better soon, Boboff :iconbiggrin:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Sky
Living the good life
Living the good life

I still cook from basics old jerry, and bake loads. In NZ I find everything expensive in the shops and supermarkets so doing the old fashioned nana baking day is the only way we have survived and kept my children happy

Sky
Living the good life
Living the good life

Also we have a very productive veggie garden, the season has been sh t this season in NZ but we've had loads of lettuce obviously and spring onions, bok choy, and zucchini/marrows. The corn has not rippened or the tomatoes .... we had loads last year but this year has been awful. Garden/ pod peas were great, we've had a profuse crop of them yum! Lots of beetroot too and a big bed of sunflowers for the animals. Just waiting on the pumkins now, we have loads set but the weather is really unpredictable for NZ and they may not make it .... fingers crossed they do as they store well and taste fantastic.