Chickens stopped laying!

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
Bowers Hill
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Chickens stopped laying!

Mine get a cleanout every week and there's no sign of red mite or anything else untoward. No signs of eating the eggs and definitely not laying elsewhere. Will be in the pot soon, once I've sorted some more.

President Bartlet
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Ours have stopped too- for about two weeks now. I posted about it on an earlier thread about how they don't want to come out of the coop, but forgot to say they also have stopped laying.

We've given them a full health heck, plus wormed and dusted and they look as fit as fiddles, although their combs are now losing colour from the bright red they were a week ago. I wonder if it is the really odd weather we've been having?

Bowers Hill
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I have stopped feeding ad lib and started giving food twice a day. They eat all of what I put down. I now have two laying chickens. Just hope the third starts soon.

Bowers Hill
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

All three now laying. I think a reduction in food and a return to settled weather have helped.

How's anyone else doing?

sda
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

When I had chickens, they layed in the mornings, if I remember correctly. I now have quails and they seem to be laying in the afternoons. Is that normal?