help using cream separator

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

help using cream separator

i have this cream separator : http://slavicbeauty.ecrater.com/p/70425 ... ator-50l-h

minus the butter churn.

iv got it set up and after having milk go everywhere, realised i should do the practice run with water!

iv got the water in the top basin and the plug on, i start turning the handle to get it up to speed then release the plus slowly. it comes out the bottom spout ( skimmed milk ) first then starts coming out the top spout ( cream ).
but there is a slit in the plastic ( intentional, its not broken ) and i can see inside where the metal disks are spinning and theres water leaking out from there and going all over the table?? what am i doing wrong?

i ordered this online from ebay and it came from the Ukraine and the instructions are in Russian and the English translation is terrible! iv studies the instructions, taking it apart and re assembled it repeatedly and im sure iv got it set up right. but theres is a rubber ring extra, not sure if its a spare or its missing from somewhere. but i cant see where its supposed to go? there already is a rubber ring within the spinning metal disks how the picture shows it. i tried putting it in on top thinking maybe theres supposed to be 2, but its didnt fit tightly back together when i was closing it up after so im sure it doesnt go in there.

im stumped! and iv got this milk waiting to get separated so i can make my ice cream! help me please! :dontknow:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: help using cream separator

i just ran the milk through the separator and all i got was milk in both bowls and a mess all over the table. and when i took everything apart to wash it i found all the cream stuck inside the disks.
so now all iv got is skimmed milk and a sink full of cream and soapy water! major anticlimax!

someone please help before i waste any more milk!
i have to wait now till the next lot of milk is delivered!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'