Poorly chicken with emerald green/white sloppy poo

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
Henwoman
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 3° 11' W
longitude: 48° 20' N

Poorly chicken with emerald green/white sloppy poo

One of my last year's chickens has emerald green/white sloppy poo. Her tail is down and her bum is very mucky. I have separated her out into a separate run and house this afternoon and put cider vinegar in her water container as I read somewhere that this cures a multitude of sins.

Any ideas otherwise, guys, please? She's a lovely girl and I don't want to lose her.

Mustardseedmama
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Poorly chicken with emerald green/white sloppy poo

Have you wormed her recently? I have to dose my chooks with Diatomaceous Earth several times a year.

That being said, I have had several times a hen get ill with something that makes their bum swell up to the point where they have trouble walking, and they die on me. Antibiotics don't weem to help. After death I sliced the first one open to see what I could see, and a horrible amount of liquid came gushing out, but it wasn't green or yellow(?).

I will be watching this thread, and hoping for some answers for you.
What if you're wrong? What if there's more? What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
Nichole Nordeman----Brave

Henwoman
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 3° 11' W
longitude: 48° 20' N

Thanks MSM. When I went up to do the animals this morning she had died in her run. I only collected her a few months ago, so it's a real shame. I hate it when animals die before you can get things sorted.

On the bright side, I collected six Coucou de Rennes and two Black Orpingtons on Monday night and although the BOs are an indulgence as they are old and just one of them lays occasionally, the CdRs have all laid both days so far which is great.

Mabu
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Possibly coccidiosis. You can get remedies and vaccinations from the vet. You really need to move the chickens from that site and clean out and air the coop.

Mustardseedmama
Living the good life
Living the good life

Ah, but old Orpingtons have one saving grace (aside from being beautiful and sweet pets!), they still sometimes go broody! I loved my Buff Orps and miss them terribly (Hubby wanted a higher feed conversion efficiency chicken). I had a lovely Buff rooster who ran to me like a dog whenever I called him, and wanted nothing more than to be held and petted.

Sorry about your loss.
What if you're wrong? What if there's more? What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
Nichole Nordeman----Brave