Animal Feed Suppliers

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
dracven
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Animal Feed Suppliers

Morning all,

I wonder if anyone had any recommendations of decent non expensive places to get layers pellets for our chickens, cat food and dog food. As we have so many now general supermarket shopping is becoming somewhat expensive. I had hoped to source a wholesaler perhaps but it seems they sell things at a higher price than the supermarkets!!

Any information would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Thom

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Animal Feed Suppliers

Look for a UFAS registered merchant of manufacturer. There's a search tool here - select "UFAS - Merchants/Distributors" for someone that will sell small quantities. You could try approaching feedmills directly, but they don't all supply bagged feed.

As you don't say where in the country you are, it's difficult to be more specific.
Curently collecting recipes for The Little Book of Liqueurs..

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

You could try Dodson and Horrell. I used to have an independent pet food shop. wholesalers don't usually deal with an individual unless you were a farm or kennels or some kind of business that would take their minimum order. Yes, you need to say where you are, may be able to point you in the right direction

Thurston Garden
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

I get both layers pellets and dry dog food in 15kg bags from the agricultural merchants. There's two near me and the prices vary between them wildly.

I think the pellets are about £7 a bag and the dog food, (which I think ag merchants buy in bulk and bag up with their own label on it), badged as 'meusli' is £10 a bag.
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)