hello

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
diver
Living the good life
Living the good life

hello

Hi, I'm Diver...real name margaret. I have retired early to get out of the rat race and have never regretted it. I have just got an allotment a few months back and have been happily digging out couch grass ever since....it was waist high with old carpets (3 deep )glass, bricks...but I'm sure you can all imagine it and have had similar experiences yourselves. I am new to it so will be asking for a lot of advice.I've been browsing the site for ages but am only just brave enough to register....and I needed to know about spent hops.

Tracey Smith
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello Diver, lovely to meet you!

Another ex-rat racer here and happier for it.

:lol:

There is a wealth of knowledge on the front page and the forum is just starting to blossom, so I am sure you will get a reply if you pose a few questions.

Happy foraging!
Tracey Smith

Author of 'The Book of Rubbish Ideas'
http://www.BookOfRubbishIdeas.co.uk

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

hello diver (margaret)

Sounds like your allotment was very much like mine when I first got it. Still battling with Couch grass now though, I also am still finding rocks, glass, nails and all sorts of lovely other things on it.

Don't know too much about Spent hops I am afriad although I have added something to the post you started on it.

welcome to the board
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging