Hello, all you boys and girls

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Glorfon
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello, all you boys and girls

Hello, I ended up here because yesterday I was perusing the gardening section of barns and noble where I found The new self sufficient gardener I was fascinated but didn't have $30 on hand so I looked it up online hoping to find a site like this. After a couple of wikipedia links I found this site.

In other news. I'm starting a commune! (which is why I was perusing the gardening section of Barns & Noble) I own 26 acres of farm land in central Iowa and so I'm putting it to use(though admittedly getting $3000 a year in rent was a pretty good use to.) It's name Populous Terra and we aim to sustain about 40 people but thus far old have about 15 prospective members. If you're interested our site is http://www.commune.myfreeforum.org. (Hope you don't mind we slipping that little plug in.

Any way I'm off to go check things out and learn about self sufficiency.

red
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Hello, all you boys and girls

welcome :flower:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello there and welcome. I happened upon the barnes and noble site the other day and found that our book (The selfsufficientish Bible) Is only $23 on their site when it is released in the USA in November. So why not get that :wink: Well a plug for a plug.

I had a quick look at your site and I really like the idea of what you are doing. Thought about doing much the same myself, other things get in the way but it is still an idea I want to purse one day. Do you have a blog with an RSS feed or anything like that set up?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Millymollymandy

Hello and welcome!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

hedgewitch

My Blog
My Website

Plant Seeds and sing songs.