Wind power from scrap / cheap parts

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
williamswindtech

Wind power from scrap / cheap parts

Hello guys great site, ive spent a fair bit of time coming up with designs for wind turbines from scrap and or cheap parts, if anyone is interested in making them for the allotment or garden take a look at my youtube videos :wave:

Link removed by admin

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wind power from scrap / cheap parts

Hi William,

Do introduce yourself and join in with the discussions..... don't want to think you just used our lovely little forum to get yourself more hits on your youtube vids. :wink:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

scrap
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Indeed Annpan.
He'd better keep talking...I love scrap projects. :lol:
...And we're known worldwide for our windmill fetish.

Looked interesting,although the discoball was a bit too much Burning Man festivallish for my taste.
I'd like to learn more about the parts used.
So,welcome William :wave:
''I'm riding a pig and trashing things,I dunno what else I'm supposed to do here.''
(My wife, while playing Lego pirates of the carribean.)

''If you open your mind too far your brain will fall out''

williamswindtech

i want to share my ideas and help save the planet ! at the moment im on crutches and waiting for a knee op im a bit useless right now as far as engineering goes so ive spent a fair bit of time on the computer.. ive helped a few people make them who have the interest, youtube is just a good way to show it, have a look at the the USB charger video aswell i am in the process of doing a how to make video of this one, this is using some new parts though... not all scrap.. £7 for the dynamo, £5 for electronics free wheely bin wheel etc but its still cheap.. currently the instructions and photos are on a word doc, if you cant wait for the video pm me with your email and i will send it foc .. if you have any questions just ask!

scrap
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

...Where did he go?
''I'm riding a pig and trashing things,I dunno what else I'm supposed to do here.''
(My wife, while playing Lego pirates of the carribean.)

''If you open your mind too far your brain will fall out''