Hello from the Czech Republic

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
SSCZ PavliRichErnest
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 15 4 57.89
longitude: 50 9 39.48

Hello from the Czech Republic

Found this site completely by accident and well well well what a great find.
Heres a little background. moved from the uk have lived off grid for around 18 months in the Czech Republic, found a small house off grid just outside Nymburk and when i say small 5m3 over 2 floors and loft room. shower under a black barrell outside and produced as much food as i could from local knowledge involving lots of charades. Collected firewood and worked in exchange for meat and unobtainable items. The electricity supplied by a 140w solar, battery bank and cheap inverter.
I obviously was having way too much fun and happiness in my life the result being my new fiancee Pavli and 2 month old Ernest.
This brings me to the reason i found this forum. we are in the process of purchasing a farm house complete with barn, stables and orchard total area 5600m3.
Our plan is to carry on living as sufficient as we can using the land and my gained knowledge from the smaller house, not forgetting knowledge from others. we have a small income to supplement our living costs obviously but this will be spent on basic things which must be paid for.
I hope you lovely lot will be able to assist on our journey and obviously we will share the small knowledge we have with others too.
Happy Days
Richard, Pavli and Ernest

Davie Crockett
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.12292
longitude: 2.30910

Re: Hello from the Czech Republic

Welcome to the forum Rich! you've come to the right place :wave:
Sounds like you're living the dream!
Time flies like an arrow; vinegar flies like an uncovered wine must.

tosca
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Welcome from me in Bulgaria Richard. :wave: You are doing what we would like to do, but the cost of setting up solar power defeats us at the moment. Good luck with your new farm and I, for one, look forward to hearing about you progress and how you, Pavli and Earnest get on. :iconbiggrin:

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

welcome to the forum, keep us all posted on your progress.