Want the dream!!!

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Tree
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Want the dream!!!

That's a really good idea! I'm in Essex! I have looked at allotments but there is a massive waiting list! I was thinking of getting a green house too! And digging over half of my garden for more space! X

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.landshare.net/

have a look at this, an initative from HFW, to network between people who have land and those who would like to use it

battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi Tree
Agree with everything earlier posters have said, not to put you off but you are more likely to achieve the dream if you are realistic! If the landshare site has nothing in your area, how about getting the use of more land...have you any elderly neighbours who would be willing to let you share their garden in return for some produce? It works really well as its close by, someone to keep an eye on it and gives pleasure and friendship to someone having problems looking after their own land. ?advert in local paper or just have a scout round your locality for overgrown gardens!
The good thing is that self sufficientish is addictive, as you have already found out! Keep looking on this site and asking advice and you will get there!
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon