hello from Hampshire

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
shazzy
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

hello from Hampshire

My hubby,me and our dogs have recently moved to a beautiful area of Hampshire called Stockbridge.We have been keen gardeners for years but have been held back due to the size of our garden but we are now proud owners of a huge garden.We had raspberry,white and red currants and gooseberries already growing but have planted potatoes,broad beans,carrots,parsnips,onions and radishes and runner & broad beans,sweetcorn,carrots,squash,leeks and spring onions are sprouting in the greenhouse.We have also planted a Bramley tree (though resembles a twig at the moment) and soon a pear tree in the front garden.I love this site as it's full of usefull advice,which I'm sure I will be asking for many times!! I also make my own wine,currently have strawberry,elderflower and elderberry wine in the rack,summer fruit and sloe gins,hubby makes beer and we both enjoy making jams and pickles and breads! :wave:

tosca
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: hello from Hampshire

Hi Shazzy and welcome. We do similar but in Bulgaria. We have just planted a bramley twig too. I hope we are around long enough to eat some fruit from it!