Finally back online!!

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
eccentricemma
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Finally back online!!

Hi guys,

I used to use this forum all the time, when I lived in the UK and had a small allotment. Then I followed my dream, went WWOOFing in Spain and Portugal, stayed as a long term WWOOFer on a farm in Portugal and finally bought a smallholding , lived in a yurt (currently living in a truck for the summer), doing the whole low impact lifestyle thing. However, I had no internet for a long, long time!

Now, I finally have regular internet access, a good solar system, good internet connection, good friends in the community who let me use their internet connection when mine is bad, so I thought I'd love to come back to the ish forum!

I'm still in contact with a few members via Facebook, but missed the forum, I hope I have the time to interact more on here, I've been popping on and reading but not posting, but I have some good stories and tips to share nowadays after several years of adventures.

Currently I have a good garden and this year I'm trying to grow quinoa (grew it on my allotment in the UK and did very well, so seeing how it works here), experimenting with double dug beds, hugelbeds and a variety of other ideas!

Anyway, great to be back.....

Emma
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

eccentricemma
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Finally back online!!

Hi Sitegeek

Just realised that I have signed into the wrong account - I think I had another one with the username eccentric_emma ?? Anyway I had a lot more posts on that one....I'll try and reactivate it and switch.
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

eccentric_emma
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

OK this is my real username now.....

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Emma :wave: . I seem to remember an eccentric person of that name.

Sounds like you've been enjoying yourself. Good to see you back.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Welcome back.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620