newbie poster from dumfries and galloway

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
glyn.c
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

newbie poster from dumfries and galloway

hi :wave: ,ive been lurking for absolutely ages and only just noticed ive made my first post :oops: :oops: ,suppose its better late than never though! we moved from devon just over 12 months back to a hopefully better style of life in dumfries and galloway ,we had been looking to move for a few years but its been problem after problem with finding the right place and health and bad timing !the last year has been hard physically and extremely hectic with a renovation project and we still have long way to go but hopefully we have turned the corner now towards a greener ISH lifestyle !,we have we think made the land available as usable as we can with a kitchen garden ,a few hens and decent sized green house,and had a half decent years last produce wish ,this is going to be our first full years so fingers crossed !
all the best
glyn

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: newbie poster from dumfries and galloway

You've been lurking for a very long time :lol:

Sounds very interesting, a lot of people would be heading towards Devon, but you have done the opposite and left. It would be interesting if you had any pictures to post of what you have been up to. I can empathise with the problem after problem, health, type thing (been there, still there) , sometimes when you make the plunge to do something different, you are tested by a whole raft of other problems that you could never have forseen, but I think sometimes you do emerge out of the other side stronger for the experiences.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hi Glyn, welcome to Ish :wave:

How's the weather down your way? We've been having it a bit rough up here. :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

Hi Glyn,
Congratulations on finally making the move! It sounds like you've made a great start :icon_smile: I look forward to hearing more about how you're getting on.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

glyn.c
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

first logged on here when the decision was made that we NEEDED to move back and the need for a better lifestyle set in ,we lived up here 20 years back before the move to devon but just could not settle "something missing, cant explain what just something inside " quit a lot of pics fortunately ,though ive had a pc crash recently but everything is backed up ok ,devon is a nice place to live BUT very expensive ,and life is not all about money and perceived lifestyle ! because of finance shortage for the future caused by health we needed to downsize and WANTED a greener way of life with things that really mattered . as you say you can sometimes come out of the other side stronger ! its been a long drag this last year as we need to do a huge amount to get the garden something like !not a huge plot around 1/4 acre but its all used, main job was disposing of somewhere between 48-60 t of concrete before we started
all the best
glyn

glyn.c
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

maggie we have got away very lightly down here compared to yourself up there ,been rough but no damage ,hope you are surviving it ok , and thanks all for the welcomes i will post some pics up soon ,its all relatively small jobs to pick at now so some of the pressure is off and its the enjoyable stuff to deal with
all the best
glyn

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Welcome to an ex-lurker! :thumbright:
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Lochside Yogi
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Hi Glyn, welcome to the forum I haven't been on here for a while and just seen your post. Nice to know there are a few other 'ishers' in D+G, good luck with your endeavours.

doofaloofa

Hi Glyn
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln