New member hello

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
D-Grower
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

New member hello

Hello all!

I'm rebuilding after a recent move however all will be better at the new homestead. Much larger at 3 acres but it still was sad to leave my 6 year old food forest on southern central FL. It was so epically biodiverse for its size and extremely productive. Hundreds of fruits through the season and non stop veggies and herbs.

I love the idea of self sustaining and WILL accomplish doing so in time. Feel like it's what I'm here to do. Enjoy the Creator's great gifts and steward them by my own hands into the future. Going a bit slower than I'd like to get off my feet here but work is taking up most days to pay bills while I move toward self supporting again. Was almost supporting my family with my small nursery at my last place just messing around propagating in the yard. Had to liquidate to move though. Worth everything I did to get here including relinquishing some weapons too but now am totally starting over.

I am located in the central Florida Panhandle and I'm always looking for people to go foraging with and I'm always into trading seeds and plants.

Look forward to meeting y'all!

DG

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New member hello

Hi there DG, welcome to our forum :wave:

It sounds like you have a lot of work on your hands, but it WILL be worth it. It's just a shame that you had to leave a very productive plot and start over again.
Where you live should be too much of a problem to get crops all year round, just so long as an errant hurricane doesn't take a fancy at undoing all your handiwork.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

D-Grower
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: New member hello

Thank you sir for the welcoming reply!

Yes hopefully not any hurricanes in my future. Already dodged one this year but didn't amount to much for us.