Thanks Millymollymandy

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Millymollymandy

After 5 and half years as a mod Millymollymandy (Aka Mandy Allen) has decided to step down as from her Admin role - for no other reason that the fact she wants to spend more time outside. Which is essentially the whole point of the forum, so who can blame her!

Without the Mods this site would grind to a halt. It would very quickly fill up with spam and people posting twice in order to sell things (still spam); not to mention the occasional abusive person who gets everyone's back up. Mandy has been up at the early hours of every morning keeping an eye on the site and dealing with all this crap in order to make it better for everyone. She has never been paid a penny for her efforts, and even when offered has refused.

Only a few of you are probally that aware what has happened behind the scences. This forum is like a good garden it needs a good soil and a great team of gardeners in order to keep it in shape. Us mods and Admin have our own meeting place where we talk about how the forum should be run. Sometimes this area is a hive of activity and every post deleted, member banned or rule changed is not taken at all lightly. Mandy has been invaluable for all of these discussion. This is what makes this forum special, having people like Mandy looking after its every need.

Mandy has a memory that last right back to posts from 2005, when she first started. This has been very useful in the day to day running of the site and she will be missed in our little area. She can even remember the times that we used to deal with sometimes hundreds of daily spam emails by deleting by hand, a long laborious process. She can remember the last 10 times everyone talked about planting potatos in tyres. I wonder if she can even remember when Leonardo De caprio gave out a selfsufficientish oscar?

I can personally say that there were times I could have easily walked away from this forum and let it grind to a halt and without Mandy it probally would no longer be here.

So please can you all raise a glass and say thanks to Millymollymandy for her great work over the last few years in keeping this a fantasitc forum for all of us.

She has promised to stay around as a non admin so thankfully this isn't goodbye. Its just good luck with garden!

Thank you Mandy. :salute:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

thesunflowergal
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Thanks Millymollymandy

Thanks mandy :hugish:
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

That goes from me too, missing you already! :hugish:

I hope you all bear with us - MMM really has been our rudder, guiding us (the newer mods at least) through the unknown.

Thanks, you rudder you :lol: xx
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

JulieSherris

So sad. :(

But she'll still be posting right? :cheers:

And of course, she's on FB, so I still get to cyber stalk her! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Loves ya lots, MMM. xx
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

pelmetman

A big thank you from us but please not goodbye as we look forward to your postings.

Enjoy your extra time on your garden and please post some pictures from time to time as we loved seeing your garden.

Thank you again.

Sue & Dave :hugish:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awwww!!! - that removes her from the target group who have to endure the occasional pee-take. Not fair!!!

On a more serious note, MMM, I shall miss your pearls of wisdom and very rare sharp rebukes - but I have to agree that there are probably better things to do in the early hours (sleep being a good example). I trust you'll still be around as an active forum member. Just in case, I've decided that my signature shall henceforth be fixed. Enjoy your garden :hugish:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

red

well done MMM :flower:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

spider8

Thank you for all your hard work and I hope your garden flourishes :hugish: .
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have been a brilliant mod Mandy, I'll miss working with you*

:wav:

*even though I've not been about much in the last year
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

bonniethomas06

It is fair to say you have been a veritable selfsufficientish legend MMM. My boyf takes the Pi$$ out of me all the time for saying 'MMM says...'

Thanks for all of your hard work and enjoy your garden. And make sure you don't go anywhere!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

StripyPixieSocks

Awww sad to see you go as a Mod, but good luck with your garden :)

Glad you're sticking around though!

Thankyou for your time and patience while doing your moderating!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :flower: :flower: :flower: :grouphug:

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually I'm going to enjoy this ... I can boss her around now without any comeback and delete all her replies. :violent1:

Only joking, I just hope when the winter comes and there's nothing to do in the garden, you will consider coming back, cos it seems all wrong you not being there. :scratch:

Good luck with you (temporary) new life Mandy.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Millymollymandy

Awwww guys I read some of this earlier and some lovely messages too and I'm embarassed to say it made me blub :oops: and I had to escape to the garden!

Thanks so much for your kind words everyone, especially you Andy (aka Leonardo :wink: ). :grouphug: But let's get one thing straight - I'm not leaving the forum! Don't be so silly. :iconbiggrin:

Also modding here isn't a full time job that stops me getting out in the garden - it's the fact that I spend far too much time on the internet in general so I have decided to give myself a kick up the backside and spend less time on it - so that means all forums and fb etc and therefore as well as doing my gardening stuff we (that's my OH and I) can have a bit more time to get out and do other things in life. We tend to get bogged down with our garden, always talk about going out for a walk/cycle/birdwatching and then the weeks go by and we've not got round to it. I don't even read books anymore :oops: cos I'm always reading on the internet. So you could say I am going to get a life. :lol:

Mind you I don't know how long that will last for - so if you see me on Ish or facebook for too long can you please tell me to get off me 'puter!

The other mods are great and I wish them all the best and know they will continue to do a great job here. Thanks guys. :grouphug:

Love you all and will chat here, just maybe not every day, eh? :wink:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Milims

Dearest MMM you will be sorely missed in the Mods area, but I'm so pleased that you aren't leaving us altogether. You've been a pleasure to mod alongside. :hugish: Big hugs and see you on the other side - and face book of course! :iconbiggrin:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

boboff

So does that mean we can reopen the Great raspberry debate without fear of being banned?

Well having said that, it wasn't great, and it wasn't a debate as such, so anyone for raspberries?

Good Job MMM by the way, the internet, is best enjoyed in moderation, but evendently not in moderator!.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/