Selfsufficientish is offically strapped for cash

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:11 am

Put us down for a couple of bags Andy, send us the details and we will get a payment through to you ASAP

Chris and Helen
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Shirley

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:50 am

http://www.selfsufficientish.com/ - if you look on the LEFT hand side there is a Donate button that does actually work....

I'll join in with the weight loss thing too - I've been unhappy with my weight for a while now... not MASSIVELY overweight but I would like to lose at least a stone.

Anyone else???
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:42 am

I got a virus the other week and lost almost 4 kilos - keeping it off is the trick!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Shirley

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:04 am

blimey nev.. that's a lot of weight to lose.

I must say that I'm comfort eating today - cheese, chocolate, cake etc all the stuff that is BAD for keeping the weight off.

:roll:
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

PurpleDragon

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:15 pm

I was upset the other day as well for not being able to fit into my jeans. None of them.

I can get into my joggers (which used to be DH's actually :oops: ) and my massive dungarees that I wear when pregnant, but that is about it. This is the heaviest I've been when I'm not pregnant, actually :cry:

Sort out the sponsorship forms / whatever and I'll sponsor you. I'm far too lazy to commit to sponsorship myself.
PurpleDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no snooze button on a hungry cat

Boots

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:04 pm

Whats up Shirlz?

Why you comfort eating? :(

Just checked out the donate link - dunno why no-one told me I could USE PAYPAL THROUGH IT... Far out, I have asked about paypal countless times... Somethin wrong with our dollar, is there? :mrgreen:

Anyways... Have made two attempts at lobbing in 10 pound and both have come back no good. Keeps telling me to check with my bank, which I have done, and there doesn't seem to be a prob there, so I will have another look at it shortly and see what's going on. Just getting a tad worried if I keep putting donations through, they will all bank up and suddenly come through I will find myself begging on the corner in a gym suit... :shock:

How's this sound...
Hows about we wager so much a week (hows 5 pound?) and the Biggest Loser doesn't have to donate to the site and everyone else does. That way we are working out to lose weight and save money... Sound any good?
Each week we egg each other on and we each have to post pics of our scales on a set day. The winner loses weight and saves a few bob and the others help keep the site going by donating to remind them to do better next week.

I dunno the money - so maybe you call the wager?
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Shirley

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Hi Boots...

I'm worried about my 12 year old who is having some tests done at the hospital today (see my 'moan' post in knock yourself out section) - I know I shouldn't get stressed about it and I've been trying not to, but can't help it....

A fiver a week sounds a lot to be honest. It's certainly too much for me. Wouldn't it be better to get sponsors?? I guess it depends on how many folk are taking part.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Boots

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:27 pm

Well, it's going to take a while... so how about a pound a week? Some folks might be able to get significant others to pledge that each week, maybe? I dunno the money changeover, so I could get myself in strife in here!

I'm in the bush mate - and I asked my donks and goats if they would sponsor me, but they just laughed and said they had no pockets. The girls were suddenly very busy too...

I will go find your msg about your boy. Not sure what is happenin, but hope all is ok. Chin up mate. Everything is always ok in the end, its just the getting there thats a bit of a bugger.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:27 pm

Wombat wrote:I got a virus the other week and lost almost 4 kilos

Strewth, Nev, what sort of virus does that?

You could have made a fortune by infecting other people with it..."Miracal Weight Loss Virus... scientist proves you can lose 4 kilos and stay in bed all day..." Ya should have kept a few samples.

You OK now?
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Shirley

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:14 pm

Boots wrote:Well, it's going to take a while... so how about a pound a week? Some folks might be able to get significant others to pledge that each week, maybe? I dunno the money changeover, so I could get myself in strife in here!

I'm in the bush mate - and I asked my donks and goats if they would sponsor me, but they just laughed and said they had no pockets. The girls were suddenly very busy too...

I will go find your msg about your boy. Not sure what is happenin, but hope all is ok. Chin up mate. Everything is always ok in the end, its just the getting there thats a bit of a bugger.

I guess people could pledge whatever they are comfortable with giving... and sponsor.. i meant other ishers could sponsor us. We don't have that many immediate neighbours either... the bush it ain't but I'd be just asking the goats, and other animals and they'd just laugh at me.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

PurpleDragon

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:33 pm

Shirlz2005 wrote:... the bush it ain't but I'd be just asking the goats, and other animals and they'd just laugh at me.

Madeleine wouldn't - she's be down your pockets for your loose change. :lol:
PurpleDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no snooze button on a hungry cat

Shirley

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:20 pm

PurpleDragon wrote:
Shirlz2005 wrote:... the bush it ain't but I'd be just asking the goats, and other animals and they'd just laugh at me.

Madeleine wouldn't - she's be down your pockets for your loose change. :lol:

:lol: probably true !!
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

The Chili Monster

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:14 pm

Boots wrote:
..I have no idea what pounds and stones are ... so will wait till a mate comes over to help me sort that.

Right, there are 14 pounds (lb) to 1 stone.
1 lb = 454 g (roughly 2.2 lb = 1 kg)

My weight translates to 102 kg or thereabouts.
I aim to lose 6 stones (6 x 14 x .454 = 38 kg ish).

So, Nev, I'd like to order 10 bouts of that illness you had, please.

I had thought along the lines of sponsorship. Individual ishers could choose to sponsor by the lb, kg or stone at a rate to suit. Any thoughts?
There's no reason why this couldn't be extended to other activities (quitting smoking, for example.)
"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

Boots

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:25 am

Ok - so we need to find out if other ishers are willing to put money on us?

Will post in Knock yourself out... as I figure that's what we'll be doing :mrgreen: and see what kind of response we get.

Maybe you and Shirlz could add to it, to help coax out the cheque books? We can have some fun with this, me thinks!

gunners71uk

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:14 pm

:andy: :dave: how r things now ?
regards dave