refrigeration

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: refrigeration

Big Al wrote:
snapdragon wrote:BigAl - are those numbers <30 etc etc per litre? or per square foot? seems it must be to do with size too because they're all different sizes
I think that's why mine came down to the same usage as a bigger but higher rated unit on the extra information available at the shop (which was more numbers that I can't remember what they denote)
I was just converting the figures in a previous post into actual money cost per year to run. I will have to look in the shops for more info tomorrow or Fridsy as Mrs Big Al is off for a week and we need to look at fridges and freezers.

Will report back soon.

Been into town today with the snow falling to 5" at least and saw some fridge freezers classed as A rated but with large costs. This http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/c ... ionSection
Has a rating of A and a cost of 325 kwh per year so i don't know how they work it out. Thisff would cost on my eleccy plan £48 to run for a year on average etc.

Still this is better than the current undercounter ones that cost me 3.7 units a day to run or £202.58 per year. As my current leccy bill is only £450 ish a year buying this FF would bring my annual bill down to around £290 so I could buy this knowing it would pay for itself in a year.

Quick calcls look as it the figures are per cubic ft. The example above is 9.2 cubic ft and so it works out ar 35kwh per ft which is about £48 per year.
HTH

Big Al

Edited for more info.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

I recommend shopping around Al - online or whatever. Mine looks just like that and was £50 less and it's a Bosch so a good make.

I'll look for the online vesion of my local shop and post the link if I can find it

edit :oops: can't find it but there are a few online electrical appliance sites that look like they have bargains
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Big Al

snapdragon wrote:I recommend shopping around Al - online or whatever. Mine looks just like that and was £50 less and it's a Bosch so a good make.

I'll look for the online vesion of my local shop and post the link if I can find it

edit :oops: can't find it but there are a few online electrical appliance sites that look like they have bargains
thanks for the tip but I am a real PITA when buying anything it takes so long for me to get the best deal but the link was just an example of the power useage and from that i hoped to be able to work out that the figures previously quoted were per cubic ft etc.

Still a timely reminder to keep my head strainght is always welcome.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger