Carpets

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
eclipse
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Carpets

Is it possible to to get 'green' carpets? The carpet on my stairs is old and wrecked and I'd really like to replace it. My husband said he thought maybe we should get a sisal/hessian carpet from my experience they're really rough underfoot. Is this ecological sound? Wool is pretty natural innit? :iconbiggrin:

Helsbells
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Carpets

I believe you can get some kind of hemp matting, hemp grows quickly so is more environmenally friendly. Not very cosy though. Sheeps wool in the other alternative because it can degrade after use.

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

'traditional' carpet, is made with natural wool on a natural hessian/jute framework, can't get more green - apart from the manufacturing process, so making your own would be the only added requirement?
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

eclipse
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

thanks everyone - some ideas to look into there. It's on our ever increasing list of Things to Do...