warmcoat insulating paint

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
giggles
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 53'20N
longitude: 6'15W

warmcoat insulating paint

howaya folks

i am looking for a cheap way to insulate my mobile home and found this

http://igoe.ie/warmcoat

has anyone used this?
keep 'er lit!

pelmetman
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: warmcoat insulating paint

Hi Giggles

Many moons ago we bought a mobile home, not the lovely new ones you see today but a tired old thing that no one else wanted.

The one saving grace was that it had a solid fuel boiler, apart from this we had no insultation and we were always as warm as toast.

Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

JulieSherris

We watched the Ireland Am programme where they featured this - and they talked to some of the home-owners who had tried it. Apparently, it really DOES work - well, we thought about it & when we get around to doing our bathroom, we're going to give it a bash.

If it works, then great, we'll get more for the rest of the house - if it doesn't, well at least we tried!!

It's sold in our local shop as well, although it's more pricey, so we will probably grab a can when we go into the city shops. Then take out a 2nd mortgage to afford the whole house worth!!
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

pelmetman

To be frank, if it does work!..................... which would surprise me :roll:

Because it's a numbers game, I suspect it will be quite expensive! so do you plan to be in your home long enough to reap the benefit?

Just a thought :scratch:

Dave :pirate:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

giggles

yea pelmetman lookin like da mobile will be home for the foreseeable

i have been lokin at the under mobile expanding foam insulation... well maybe il get this wood stove i'm making done first and see how that goes before shellin out shillings on insulation... the spray foam insulation does sound gud for the winter with the ground under neath mobile freezing

il hold off on the warmcoat paint til i hear more feed back about it

tel me pelmet was there rads heated from ur multi fuel stove?
keep 'er lit!

Millymollymandy

€75 for 5 litres is very cheap compared to ordinary paint prices in France. I want some!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

JulieSherris

You know, if it works, then it will a cheap way of fixing a huge problem for us.... the house here got running water in 1986, so in line with the rest of the neighbourhood, the owners had a 2 room flat roofed extension built on the back to accommodate the kitchen & bathroom.
So, there no insulation & in the bathroom there is a small radiator, none in the kitchen.
When it's really cold, you sit on the loo & look up at the ceiling to watch the condensation drops hanging & hope you're out of there before any of it drips on your head!! :lol:

'When' we are financially able, we will be having an apex roof put on & exploring cavity wall insulation as well as replacing all the single rads with double ones & installing double glazing... in the meantime..... :dontknow:

pelmetman

giggles wrote:yea pelmetman lookin like da mobile will be home for the foreseeable

tel me pelmet was there rads heated from ur multi fuel stove?
Yes it had full central heating running off the solid fuel boiler, which also did the hot water :iconbiggrin:

It was very efficent although it took me a while to learn how to control it, one night it was burning so fierce I deciced to pour some water on it to cool it down :dontknow: BIG Mistake!!!! lost my eyebrows with the steam cloud that burst out of the dam thing :shaking: :lol: :lol:

Dave :pirate:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

giggles

jasus pelmet thats quite the lesson you learnt there! did you put in the central heating yourself?

julie i got 10meter X 1.5meter insulation in woodies today 120euro for 2 rolls... its a layer of foil, a thin layer of underlay type material, foil, underlay and foil again... might be worth popping into woodies and having a look
keep 'er lit!

pelmetman

Fortunately the mobile home came with it already fitted, so I only had to renovate the rest of it :mrgreen: Leaking roof was the biggest problem :roll:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

JulieSherris

giggles wrote:julie i got 10meter X 1.5meter insulation in woodies today 120euro for 2 rolls... its a layer of foil, a thin layer of underlay type material, foil, underlay and foil again... might be worth popping into woodies and having a look
Giggles, the extension part with the kitchen & bathroom just has the flat roof - there's no space up there for insulating - just the roof! Hubby has painted it with bitumen paint again this year to keep it waterproofed so fingers crossed for this winter.
Our main loft is insulated, but that doesn't help those 2 rooms - this is where we spend the next 4 months running in & out of those rooms to spend as little time as possible - good job the shower is in our bedroom where it's sort of warm! :lol: :lol:

JulieSherris

SusieGee wrote: How is the Mother in law these days Julie :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: See how well you know me!!
Anyway, 4 weeks ago she took a tumble in her bathroom & went to the hospital for a 4 night stay (just in case) it was ok - no breaks, no fractures.
So 3 days later she was on the phone to hubby & was upset because she had found a lump in her breast - her appointment to the doc was booked, she went into extensive details about cancer, biopsies, chemotherapy & radiation treatment..... she then demanded that he went over for a visit the following week urgently as she might not have long left maybe as little as 2 weeks.... oh, the wailing over the phone because she may never see him again.....

Anyway, 2 days later, she goes to the docs - said 'lump' was a bruise :banghead: oops, sorry...... it was a haematoma.....

Nuff said - oh, I want a new roof!!

Millymollymandy

Julie you need to bake her a pie with nice foraged things inside. *evil grin*
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

giggles

julie the thermawrap quilt insulation would be tacked to the exsisting ceiling!
keep 'er lit!

JulieSherris

I'm not sure Andy would go for silver foil ceilings though Giggles - and the ceilings in those two rooms are so low that I don't think it would be an option to plaster or plasterboard over the top :?

Also, wouldn't the condensation just gather between the two layers?

I am bleaching the walls tomorrow & will be looking at giving the ceiling & walls the once over with a pva mixture - which means I shall have to paint after that... but I have loads of cream gloss left over from the kitchen & so far, the mould's not coming through that so looks like an option for the winter this year at least!