This whole carry-a-bag thing

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Melly
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Get the message!

I was buying Organic Life magazine and was asked a total of three times if I wanted a bag although I had already said no. I resisted the urge to shout "I am buying a magazine about organic living what makes you think I wanted the stupid plastic bag!"

Like the rest of you I have a cloth bag in every bag I carry and have recently bought a largish jute bag with wooden handles from a local organic shop. I am fed up with being treated with dark suspicion by shop assistants when I announce I have my own bag, it seems to be akin to some strange fetish not to be mentioned in public!

We should take a leaf out of our french neighbours who in most supermarkets not only sell local produce not smothered in excess packaging but don't provide plastic bags. I haven't noticed a revolution yet.

Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Get this...collecting some boots from a cobbler (in the uk) he delves under the counter and produces said boots in slightly ruffled plastic bag, I take boots out of bag and hand it back saying something akin to "I don´t need this please reuse it", he looks at me aghast and says "I can´t give someone a bag in that condition"... :shock: ... I am missing something?

Spain is bad, they´d put plastic bags in plastic bags if they could!

Clara x.

Karen_Grace
Tom Good
Tom Good

This whole carry-a-bag thing

I fold my carrier bags into small triangles which fit easily into a pocket or handbag.
Fold the bag in half and then in half again so that you have a long strip. Start at the bottom and fold down diagonaly to form a small triangle. (a bit like folding a somosa) Continue folding down the length of the bag, then tuck the handles in. Its very compact.

pol
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

How about making your own totally unique cloth bags for free? Good pattern to follow on www.morsbags.com instead of paying £6.50. Make more than one and hand them out to strangers for free why not? :lol:
...make a morsbag.com...

babushkamama
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

ECO BAGS

I use the supermarket ones from countdown, they are very strong can be recycled and are very cheap, they carry heaps. $1.00 for a long lasting bag.
heal the world

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

pol wrote:How about making your own totally unique cloth bags for free? Good pattern to follow on www.morsbags.com instead of paying £6.50. Make more than one and hand them out to strangers for free why not? :lol:
I just had a look on there and it didn't seem to have much info on it. There's not a lot of writing at all. There were some pics of making it, but it wsa quite confusing. Do you have a direct link to the pattern?

pol
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi, not sure what you mean by there is not a lot of writing?
It is a flash website, if you don't have the latest version of flash it won't work, although it should update it automatically.

If you mean you couldn't find any writing on how to make a bag then click on the big "MAKE ONE" button at the top and then click on the big "morsbag guide pdf" button. A PDF will open and there are your instructions.

Any other probs just let us know

Here is a direct link to the instructions if you still have problems....

http://www.morsbags.com/morsbaginstructions.pdf
...make a morsbag.com...

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ta very muchly.

i'm looking from work, who probably don't have the latest flash, and have things stopping it updating automatically.

Ta for the link, i'll print that for later!!

:mrgreen:

Rudi
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I am amazed at people who use their own bag at the supermarket to carry their plastic bin liners home :?