Storm Kettle anywhere?

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
cheddarpaul
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Storm Kettle anywhere?

Hey all... I have seen some references to storm kettles and would love one for my lottie.... but..and this is a big but (pardon the pun) - they cost approx. £50.

Where can I get one cheaper? or,
Can I make one?

http://www.eydonkettle.co.uk/index.htm

Muchos gracias
Erm - what just happened?

eugcampbell

storm kettles

They are all expensive I am afraid. Eydon do their version, as do Kelly Kettle (they have their own website), approx £45 for 2.5 pint versions.

There is a Kiwi version in tin or copper called a "Thermette" but have never seen for sale in UK

Cheapest similar article: look up "John Muirden" whose website is www.unbeatentracks.com and follow link to their online store. They have a version with cooking set for approx £35. I have no info about quality though.

2steps
A selfsufficientish Regular

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Storm-Kettle_W0QQ ... dZViewItem

one on ebay for £36 including postage

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's a couple on ebay at the moment for about £6...be quick, but only bid on one...i want the other one!!!

Batfink
Tom Good
Tom Good

Ah! The Kelly Kettle!! I love these babies to bits! I have two - a small & large version and they are both wonderful.

However, they aren't cheap - mainly because they last so damn long and are such good burners. Because they are so well loved and cherished by their owners, they are very seldom sold on second hand!!!

The best places to look are probably ebay, but they are sometimes advertised in Land Rover magazine (and similar) since they are loved by the "green laning" fraternity due to their robust, resilient and very durable nature.
Just because it feels good, it doesn't make it right.

ina

I've had one for a few months, and to my utter embarrassment I must admit I've never even tried it out... Got it when the weather was filthy outside, and put it away safely for the time being!

Right, tonight I shall make my cuppa with the Kelly kettle.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)