App for foraging

Foods for free. Anything you want to post about wild foods or foraging, hunting and fishing. Please note, this section includes pictures of hunting.

Sorry to say that Selfsufficientish or anyone who posts on here is liable to make a mistake when it comes to identification so we can't be liable for getting it wrong.
johnb1
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

App for foraging

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:42 pm

I am not to happy with the apps I have. The main ones I have are for Fungi. Does anyone else use one? and what's your opinion on it?
Next I want one for edible wild plants, again has anyone got one and your opinion on it.
Trees would also be useful.
Now the the main thing I have problems with is recording and saving both location and description of food source.
The latter is my main problem, so strictly speaking it doesn't have to be a foraging one.
Thank you

fruitfly
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: App for foraging

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:55 pm

Are those apps free and are they reliable?

johnb1
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: App for foraging

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Some are free but they tend to be inferior to the paid for. The fungi ones tend to be a bit on the "I don't want to be sued so I will play safe and say don't eat it". When in fact it looks vaguely like a poisonous one. Note when I say poisonous I mean similar to a stomach ache. It goes:-
Edible
Inedible
Suspicious
Poisonous
Very poisonous
Welcome to death. Only 3

Return to “Wild Foods and Foraging”