Some wild food web sites.

Foods for free. Anything you want to post about wild foods or foraging, hunting and fishing. Please note, this section includes pictures of hunting.

Sorry to say that Selfsufficientish or anyone who posts on here is liable to make a mistake when it comes to identification so we can't be liable for getting it wrong.
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Thanks, Mandy!

Well, if bracken-fiddleheads (love that name! :lol: ) were edible AND tasty, that might be a solution to our quite serious bracken problem...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Millymollymandy

I have bracken too in one patch of my garden. Isn't it poisonous? I think I'll stick to eating the lesser celandine salad garnished with hairy bittercress flowers that I'm about to eat.

If I'm not around tomorrow ............. :lol:

ina

It's toxic to a certain extent, but I think only at a later stage. We had a trial with goats and sheep once, to see how much they'd eat if it was there (amongst grass and other herbage), and what it would do to them - they did eat some, and it didn't do them any harm. But they'll never graze a whole hillside of bracken clean... That would probably upset their tummies.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full of Tannin I think!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/