esse ironheart

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
paul123456
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

esse ironheart

Hello there ,

Last April we purchased and installed an Esse Ironheart range cooker .
Connected to the heating system with a back boiler , until this week the weather has been good , so good that we've never
needed to light the Esse .It gives around 10 kw to the room and 2 or 3 kw to the heating .

This morning I lit it and used a full bucket of wood , and what a heat it gave to the room , within 30 minutes it was nice and warm .
I can not wait for the real winter to kick in ............? Sounds strange but I / we expect alot of this range , toghether with the
stanley range in the living room , also connected to the heating .

Any one got experience with these ranges ? Esse ironheart or Stanley Erin .
Further tips or tricks welkom.

regards ,

Paul

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: esse ironheart

No experience of them Paul, but the Ironheart is so pretty, although very expensive. But I love the idea of being able to bake my bread in the oven.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was told that Esse are made for looks rather than quality and to go for a Stanley instead... that said, I do like the look of an Esse, are they still made in UK?

I have a clearview which is very efficient indeed, it is a monster and takes a lot to feed it in the morning, but once you get a good heat up I shut the inlets and it keeps that high heat for hours on end.... lovely and toasty.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

paul123456
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello Annpan ,

Maybe the esse ironheart is made for looks but it works very well , it radiates loads of heat in to the room and a little to the storage tank.It does look good but also works good .
And yes I think they are still made in sheffield .

And then the Stanley Erin also works great , this one radiates heat to the living and about 5kw to the storage heater.
All together they do their job ,both are very satisfying , and they lower the gas bill alot.

Looking forward to a nice and cold winter , like the ones we had in the uk in the 60's.

regards ,

Paul

contadino
Living the good life
Living the good life

That Stanley is a lovely looking stove. Until I just looked it up, I thought that Stanley only made range cookers, and I couldn't figure out why you'd have two seemingly very similar stoves. Two dinners every night, maybe?

paul123456
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

big family contadino ,

four kids , their friends , alot of rooms , one is for cooking the other for heat ,

regrds paul

Nick69
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

We have a Stanley Superstar (Donard). It does all the heating and heats the big kitchen with so much ease we have to open the small window sometimes hehe

The Honk
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

We have the Esse Ironheart multifuel but only burn wood as I had to fell nine trees before BT would supply a land line. I can get it to cooking tempratures in about 40 mins. The flue pipe alone gives off instant heat as soon as the fire is alight and the living room is very cosy in less than half an hour. I've had hours of fun getting to know it on a trial and error basis and can control it very well now. We live in a one storey dwelling and the heat spreads through the whole house and the oven really does cook to perfection. They are expensive but we recently renovated this place from a shell and chose the Esse over an oil fired boiler and radiators which would have cost more to install and run, heating oil reached 80p a litre round here last year. So far everything has gone to plan and we're very pleased because we really didn't know what to expect from it.