Wind turbine in a school playground

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Martin
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

I heard a motoring journalist being interviewed the other day, and he was getting the predictable flak about motoring -his reply was VERY illuminating - to the effect that he was very eco-minded, and went to work in a shed in his garden three days a week, and worked on his laptop using power from his pv panel.........his not driving to work makes a phenomenal saving on carbon! :wink:
So I agree, the biggest contribution we may be able to make is to "think clever", and use the good parts of modern technology like the net to avoid "going to work" as much as possible - it could replace SO much unnecessary travel :dave:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

THe technology is here to stop a lot of waste such as sending important documents by post, video conferencing, downloading songs instead of buying cds, even downloading books (although nothing like the real thing).

Yep I heard that thing on Radio 4 the other day as well Martin, I did think that it showed his wife to be a bit of a stick in the mud. It was all to do with not using the car. When you have never owned one it is very easy to live your life without it. I choose where I live in relation to nearest modes of transport. I have a train station just down the road, a major bus route nearby and am practically on a main cycle route. In fact there is even a canal nearby if I need it.

It still amazes me that Londoners will drive. The tube although with its faults still gets you from A-B often quicker than a car.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging