Is this for real???????????????

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Jack
A selfsufficientish Regular

Is this for real???????????????

Cheers
just a Rough Country Boy.

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

No.

There are loads of people like this trying to sell us something for nothing.

The only viable way I've seen to run a car on water is the one that most 13 year old students come up with in their early chemistry lessons (the site calls this "suppressed technology") - you split the water molecule into its constituent atoms of hydrogen and oxygen using electrolysis, and use the hydrogen as fuel.

Unfortunately it always uses more energy to divide a molecule than you get back by recombining it; that would appear to be a natural law of the universe. Electrolysis uses a lot of electricity to produce small amounts of hydrogen. Commercially, hydrogen is derived from natural gas (a fossil fuel).

Some people suggest that you could make the electrolysis process more sensible by producing the hydrogen in large quantities at a processing plant, running that plant from renewable energy sources, and thus getting the hydrogen for 'free'. But it would be a hopelessly wasteful use of the renewable energy which could be more efficiently used for other things.

Another approach to the water-car is to inject steam into the combustion charge, which, under the right conditions, may enhance the efficiency of combustion. This has been researched and tried, but nothing seems to have come of it, and there could be horrendous problems with emulsified oil, increased wear and corrosion.

The absurdity of the internal combustion engine is that it's so damn inefficient in the first place - a good one chucks away 75% of the energy put into it. And of course this kind of 'solution' is just pandering to our desire to go on using more and more cars like good consumers, rather than addressing the problem of the need to change our lifestyles and aspire towards sanity. And the tragedy is that people will give this guy their money. He's really no better than a thief.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Enormous Sage
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Yep, this device is absolute tosh. There's a fine tradition of dating back to the dawn of time, of people who'll take your money in return for some sort of "miracle cure" or magic potion that doesn't do anything, the motor industry is no exception.
Same goes for those magnets you fit to fuel lines or the bit of pipe you fit to the intake manifold, running to the brake servo.
It's the car equivalent of the x-ray specs you used to see advertised in the back of Superman comics.

I had an online agruement with a guy selling the magnet / fuel convertor things once and he threatened to sue me for saying the device he was selling didn't work.
I said go-ahead since you don't have a leg to stand on : It doesn't and cannot work. I gave him my contact details and offered to test them for free at the engine development laboratory I worked at.
Still waiting for that call.....

John Headstrong

want to invest in a anti gravity device ?

I have made one, in my shed. the problem is when I turned it on it smashed through the roof of the shed and just shot up into the air and kept going. I can even show you the shed. all I need is a few thousand pounds to build another one. I will pay back the money and we will both be rich.

yep, I know someone that fell for that in the early 90's, he was even shown a shed with a smashed in roof. it took years (and a bottle of 12 year old whiskey) for me to get the whole story from him, even then he was not totally honest, the shame of giving away £12,000 to a conman was a bit to much.