Recycling glass

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Tigerhair
A selfsufficientish Regular

Recycling glass

Can you take a small person who STILL has chicken pox (5 blisters on his hand and one on his ankle!) to the recycling place as he is probably still contagious and I am sick of being stuck in the house with him and I am bored and want to do something useful instead of blo*dy cleaning the house AGAIN....
Tigz x

Shirley

good question - how would you be getting there???

We have to go in our car and as such he'd be in the car seat and wouldn't pose a danger to anyone - pregnant women in early days and just before birth are, I believe, at risk from chicken pox.

I'd probably take him if it were me, and just avoid close contact with anyone - unless of course you know that they have either had chicken pox, or WANT their kids to have it... you can come and visit me if you like - would like to get that one out of the way for Jonathan.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Tigerhair

OK, I will - it's only down the road and he might enjoy dropping some bottles in if there's noone else about!

Apparently they used to have chicken pox parties way back when! I can't go to work until he's better though as nursery won't take him until all the blisters are better.

We're coming up to Scotland in June - but I am hoping he'll be better by then!
Tigz x

Shirley

I'm sure he will be :lol:

Where are you going in Scotland??
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Tigerhair

Glasgowish... just for a weekend wedding and to be honest its a long way to watch a friends daughters wedding... AND I can't take a longer holiday because its a work colleague.... rant rant... off topic rant!
Tigz x

Shirley

blimey -it is a long way just for a weekend! How will you get there??
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Tigerhair

I KNOW!!! I dunno, I might actually be in hospital for my long-awaited but long-dreaded hernia repair then though!...
Tigz x

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Been there, done that! Had a hernia fixed in 1990 that was as big as my fist. Had it for about 13 years or so, all the nurses were filing in to see it because it was the biggest one they'd seen. :oops: .

All went well and I'm sure that your's will be OK too Tigz!

As an aside, while coming out from the anaesthetic, I was lying on my side reading from a large, old leather bound book floating in the air. But when I reached the end of the page I leaned out to turn the page and couldn't see my arm..........................It was at that point I realised my eyes were closed!

Sorry to get off topic, just me raving again!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Tigerhair

Thanks Wombat - mine has been misdiagnosed for two years! I won't go into the gory details... Anyway it makes my tummy look really big and I cannot wait for it to be sorted out. It is very big too :(

I had another op last year - to remove some lumps from my boobs, and I had Josh under general anaestetic so I've had a couple and the worst bit is coming round - I get SO cold!!!!! I just remember shaking uncontrollably! One of my friends said he had an "out of body" experience where he could flick through different levels of conciousness... said it was amazing.

Ahhh, drugs... yummy!!! LOL
Tigz x