REUSABLE BAGS =$$$

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
spitfire
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 38.579065
longitude: -121.491014

REUSABLE BAGS =$$$

When you use cloth bags/green bags for your groceries when you shop in the UK or anywhere else do the shops reward you for diong it? here in the USA if you use your own bags they take 5cents off your bill for each bag you use, :thumbright: so the more bags you take with you the more money you save and you dont have to cram the bags full. :cheers:
WHEN MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING I'M USUALLY UP TO SOMETHING!!!
NEVER REGRET THAT WHICH ONCE MADE YOU SMILE.

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: REUSABLE BAGS =$$$

FANTASTIC and very simple to impliment

I will have a word with ASDA (owned by Walmart) tomorrow

I reckon I could just put one item in each bag :tongue:

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

In Sainsburps they give you 1 Nectar point for every bag you reuse, whether that be canvass or an old carrier. I have to admit that when I go there now I put things in bags that I wouldn't in other shops - things that have integrated handles in their packaging, but as 1 Nectar point is only worth 0.5p, I don't feel too guilty about this.
Rosey xx

spitfire
Living the good life
Living the good life

what can you do with "nectar points"? is it a credit on your bill? is it only sainsburys that do it?

spitfire
Living the good life
Living the good life

must clarify my post on canvass bags=$$$
it is only grocery stores that give you a 5 cent credit for each bag. all the big grocery store chains give you the credit, so if you use 5 bags that =25 cents deducted off your bill for that trip. i use the smaller size bags of all the sizes available for several reasons, first, they are easier to carry as they weigh less and second, i can pack each bag with like items without worrying about anything getting squashed. the more bags i use the more my bill is reduced, i know its not a huge amount but it adds up and it helps reduce the use of plastic :cheers:

Rosendula

spitfire wrote:what can you do with "nectar points"? is it a credit on your bill? is it only sainsburys that do it?
Sorry, I was being a bit English there wasn't I :oops:
Nectar is a rewards system that quite a lot of business have signed up to - Sainsburps, BP filling stations, some restaurant chains, and quite a few others. You collect points, and then spend them, or swap them for 'treats'. I tend to collect them all year and use them to get some stuff from Argos at Christmas. 500 points is worth £2.50 there. Woo! The points do build up quite quickly though, as some places have promotions such as "Double points", or "500 extra points if you dine between these dates". We don't buy anything just because of the offers, but if it's something we buy regularly anyway, we stock up.
Rosey xx