wanted used engine oil.

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
sabc15
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

wanted used engine oil.

Hi. i have built a oil fired central heating boiler to heat the house and heat the water,it runs on used engine oil/brake fluid or cooking oil and even cooking fats ie. dripping. so if anbody in the Brighton/hove area has oil that they would like me to collect i will do so . regards. stuart. (sabc15).

Fred Hoggin
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: wanted used engine oil.

sabc15 wrote:Hi. i have built a oil fired central heating boiler to heat the house and heat the water,it runs on used engine oil/brake fluid or cooking oil and even cooking fats ie. dripping. so if anbody in the Brighton/hove area has oil that they would like me to collect i will do so . regards. stuart. (sabc15).
Last edited by Fred Hoggin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minnesota
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have about 15 gallons...Bring your own jugs :walk:

sabc15
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi. its a similar principle to a paraffin blow lamp. the oil drips in a chamber turns to gas and ignites,all the time its fed with oil it burns.just need to filter the oil first,not suitable for the living room as its a bit noisey, but ok for a cellar or garage.regards. stuart.

shiela_robins

I've heard things about used cooking oil being reprocessed and used to fuel converted diesel engines. It sorta works. But the main problem is source for the used cooking oil. There's not so much you can get for large scale production even in a big city.