Recycled slide show!

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Squirrel46
Tom Good
Tom Good

Recycled slide show!

Stuff I've made with recycled wood etc., mostly pallets! :mrgreen:

http://s406.photobucket.com/albums/pp14 ... 963bdd.pbw
Never give a food animal a name, its not nice to eat a friend!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Recycled slide show!

Those are amazing!

I particularly love the seat, planters and the wire cloches. I've got a few pallets knocking about - you've given me a few ideas. :thumbright:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Squirrel46
Tom Good
Tom Good

Green Aura wrote:Those are amazing!

I particularly love the seat, planters and the wire cloches. I've got a few pallets knocking about - you've given me a few ideas. :thumbright:
The allotments are particularly lucky in having an electrical company that give us more pallets than we can handle (a lot get used for starting fires) and Beattie's skip is over the fence with strong plastic tubing off cuts to make hoops! :pirate:
Never give a food animal a name, its not nice to eat a friend!

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Very smart and well made! Makes our attempts look a bit rustic (oops don't tell my husband I said that :lol: ).

I do wonder why nobody reuses pallets in the UK like they do in France :scratch: - the only way we had some pallets in the first place is because a neighour who is a builder gave us some from the renovation on his house. Businesses send them back to where they came from to be reused.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

tizzy
Tom Good
Tom Good

All the builders merchants up here charge a deposit for their pallets because they cost so much to keep buying them. They call by to collect them when they're in the area and then you get a refund.
When you do get your hands on them they are not so new any more, but still reusable.

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

thats well cool :thumbright: - had some good timber from pallets in the past - the ones to look for are those with sheet material on ( 8x4's ) some of them have hardwood bits :shock: - iroco etc ( poor mans mahogany ) and even if they don't - there are usually some longer lengths of timber in them - worth chatting up your local builders merchants boss or if you see any stuff being delivered to a site , the Foreman ?? - only gets burnt or skipped usually - they will probably be glad to help you out if approached in the right way :thumbright:

and you may get offered other "offcuts " :dontknow: - they can only say no - so be nice to them :wink: :wink:

( tip for the OH's - send the wife ,GF , significant other to do the asking - well do YOU know many builders who can resist the hopeless female ploy ( not being sexist here - just realistic as usual - i used to be in the trade :lol: :lol: - i use the poor struggling disabled guy ploy - WELL i is poor , disabled and struggling !! -( would have sent the wife if she was still here - bless her - could have charmed the birds of the trees that one :lol: :lol:) - but it works for me

all's fair in love ,war , and ishness :nike:
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!