Shampoo

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
JessieMac
Tom Good
Tom Good

Shampoo

I have cut down on the shampoo and conditioner I use as I always seemed to pour out more than I needed which was a waste so I bought the larger bottles and filled up empty handwash dispensers which give a measured amount so they last a great deal longer and cut down on waste.One large bottle of shampoo has lasted for five months being used every day.
I am hopeing to start makeing my own over the winter when I stop working for the season and have time to try it out. :flower:

Kezz
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Shampoo

I use just bicarb of soda and cider vinegar for shampoo and conditioner. I wrote a blog post on it a while back.

cecilia
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

How long have you been doing it for ? Haven't you had any hair problem using bicarb of soda ? I did. I used only that for 6 months, and suddenly, my hair that was very long, just "lost" 20cm.. It just broke.... So I'll never use it again on ùy hair... I've been back to organic shampoo or rhassoul for months now...

Kezz
Tom Good
Tom Good

It is quite broken, but I put that down to not looking after it much and growing it out :/ I only wash it once a week now and I lose a good fistful of hair each wash, but my hair is so thick I can't really tell....

cecilia
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I don"t know. I've never taken much care of my hair, but I used to have quite nice looking hair. I never ever go to the hairdresser, but that never seemed to be a problem... The only time it broke like that was when I used Bicarb of soda... Not more often than you....
Anyway, I don"t know... but it was really weird : people thought I just had a haircut, and kept telling me about it...

Kezz
Tom Good
Tom Good

This blog seems to have a lot of info about the bicarb method, including some aditional care recipes http://babyslime.livejournal.com/174054.html

And this one
http://crabappleherbs.com/blog/2008/02/ ... hair-care/

They both seem to be going fo long term use too.

selfsuffclub
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

cecilia wrote:How long have you been doing it for ? Haven't you had any hair problem using bicarb of soda ? I did. I used only that for 6 months, and suddenly, my hair that was very long, just "lost" 20cm.. It just broke.... So I'll never use it again on ùy hair... I've been back to organic shampoo or rhassoul for months now...
I'm curious too.. Kezz, did you get dandruff as a result? Or you didn't have before either.

frozenthunderbolt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try growing soapwort and using that.
Jeremy Daniel Meadows. (Jed).

Those who walk in truth and love grow in honour and strength

Kezz
Tom Good
Tom Good

I've not got any more dandruff than I had before lol, I don't think it's cured it or caused it really. I don't look after my hair though, I wash it once a week or less if I can get away with it, and some days I will admit I just put it into a ponytail with my fingers and it doesn't even get brushed.

I like having long hair but I hate looking after it in any way!

I think it is drier than before though.... it could do with some intense conditioner type treatment at the moment...