Using our old cloth nappies

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Jerseymum
Tom Good
Tom Good

Using our old cloth nappies

I'm getting a bit :( about my youngest child getting out of nappies (she did her first ever wee in the potty, last night and I know the nappy free day is still far off but...). Anyway, I was looking at the massice pile of terry squares and wondering what to do with them when the day comes (sob!).
My muslin squares are already used for straining stuff and making paneer and chutneys.
I reckon I could cut up and edge the terries to make facecloths (or grown up bum wipes for those of the household who prefer reusable cloths instead of loo paper). Keep a few whole for floor cloths etc in the kitchen.
Any other suggestions?
Sarah
How do you live your life when there's nobody watching?

snapdragon
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Re: Using our old cloth nappies

LOL you must have bought the top quality, mine were near worn out by the time my second was through with them (twin tub washers were not kind to clothes).
wash mitts (dyed if preferred)
floor cloths
hand towels for kitchen
quilt two or three together as a bath/shower mat
dog dryers (stitch two together along one side, then from the stitched side measure down to where you can create a headspace for dog head and stitch from there to the next corner, pop over dog's head before they shake all over the kitchen)
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Jerseymum
Tom Good
Tom Good

Oh, I hadn't thought to buy a dog :lol:
I cannot believe how well they have lasted: some of them are 6 years old and still good!
How do you live your life when there's nobody watching?

battybird

use wrapped around the head of a broom as a smooth floor mop (lino, floorbaords etc) the y pick up the dust, and also dry the floor really well! :iconbiggrin:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon